7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8334 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Larian Studios has unveiled a new video for the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin, a new role playing game for Mac and Windows set in the world of the Divinity Series. This time the developers chose to showcase the progress the game's level designers have made thus far. Divinity: Original Sin will feature an isometric 3D viewpoint, a party of adventurers to control, turn based combat, and an easy to use toolset for modding the game.

The orcs of Tanoroth are on the march, wielding magic never seen before: bloody, deadly, reality-bending. The free nations of Rivellon are about to fall beneath their blades. Yet there are two unlikely heroes who can resist this savage magic: a condemned warrior released from his chains and a mystic heroine restored to life. Will they be strong enough to cope with the sins of their past? And will they be strong enough to counter the even greater threat that hides behind the marching orcs?

• PLAY WITH TWO LEAD CHARACTERS: Discover who they are and what terrible truth binds them.
  • Enjoy the freedom of CLASS-FREE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT with plenty of unique skills, weapons and equipment.
  • SUMMON AND RECRUIT other characters and creatures to complement your party.
  • EXPLORE A LARGE AND DENSE WORLD: filled with quests, special moments and memorable characters.
  • DISCOVER A WEALTH OF ITEM INTERACTION: if itís not nailed to the ground, it can be moved, used or combined.
  • Pursue the freedom and explore the depth of role-playing where CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES MATTER.
  • TURN-BASED COMBAT SYSTEM adds tactical edge and depth to your role-playing experience.
  • USE SKILL AND SPELL COMBOS to make your attacks more effective.
  • MAKE USE OF THE TERRAIN DURING COMBAT: exploit the environment to gain the upper hand in battles.
  • DEVELOP COOPERATIVE SKILLS AND SPELLS: a party acting as a well-honed team can prevail over superior forces.
  • EXPERIENCE COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER MODE: fight and explore together, develop your characters individually.
  • DISCOVER THE COOPERATIVE DIALOGUE SYSTEM: you donít necessarily need to agree with each other.
  • BUILD YOUR OWN ADVENTURES: powerful toolset allows the community to create and share new adventures online.
  • ENJOY THE DIVINE MUSIC OF KIRILL POKROVSKY: the award-winning composer of all previous Divinity games.
  • DIVE INTO THE DIVINITY UNIVERSE: the story of Original Sin is the prequel to the events of Divine Divinity.

Check out the trailer at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Oh, "...an easy to use toolset for modding the game..." just like the, uh, Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset! Hurray! I can't wait to start creating stuff in the editor on my OSX machine!

[Were the sarcasm tags apparent enough?]

P.S. I have asked the devs and will post when I know. But you know what the answer will be. (I asked back in June but was met with nothing but silence. Even the Windows fanbois on their forums didn't even make snide remarks.)

Maybe the IMG editors could ask the devs and clarify the posting?
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15670 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

How dare you mock a game I thought looked interesting!  I will ban you!  I will ban you ALL!!!

::consoles poor little new game::  There there little new game, I won't let the sarcasm tags get you.  You can be my bunny and I will hug you and pet you and call you my own.

I thought it looked interesting.  My kind of game.  

aw geez, it peed in my lap!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 08 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Maybe the IMG editors could ask the devs and clarify the posting?
Not on clear on what you want asked? But its also 3AM and I'm really tired :P
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

He wants to know if the modding tools will be available in OS X.  Tell him no.  (The engines that power IMG run on the tears of DaveyJJ's unfulfilled level design dreams, and the tanks are running low lately.)

--Eric

#6 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I just received a reply back from Larian Studios:

We will certainly try, but the toolset is developed for and used on Windows at the moment.

We will have more details closer to the release date.

So, possible, but probably unlikely.

#7 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostKilvain, on 09 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

So, possible, but probably unlikely.

You're being very generous and/or optimistic. I'd take that as a no. Never. Not a chance. We really didn't think about that at the beginning of development and locked ourselves into a Windows mess. You want us to do better than Bioware, seriously?

Eric knows the deal.
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#8 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yep, if years of Mac gaming have given me anything, it's an unbridled sense of optimism. ;)