PlaneShift is a fantasy 3D mmorpg made completely by volunteers with all code being Open Source. The project is community based, and everyone can contribute to expand it. The latest release 0.5.9.2 marks an important milestone in client stability and features.
We do our best to support the Mac platform since many years, and the latest release works properly with Mac OS X 10.5.8 or above.
Here is the changelog.
- Many quest scripts were improved to simplify their maintenance by developers
- Many new quest script commands were put into use to improve quests and quest progression
- The quality of items received in quest can now range up to Q300 and not just the default Q50
- All problems caused by miss-triggering of quest steps were fixed
- Some repeatable quests were improved to vary slightly from time to time when you start them
- The magic quest series were brought inline with the settings involved with them
- A total of 13 new settings lore books were released, now totaling 75
- Added new items sold by merchants (like carpets, furniture and containers)
- Fixed bug on weapon modifiers calculation. Now multiple modifiers are stacked properly
- Added ability to identify rare/magical weapons (it requires a spell)
- Added a new spell to identify items
- Improved the comparison mechanisms used to evaluate the opponent in combat
- Added a "use" icon to the containers UI, this will avoid crafter to left click on the container mesh to trigger the transformation
- Added capability for NPCs to run scripts and for scripts to fire NPC perceptions. This will allow to develop a better and more interesting AI
- Added GM command for NPC in-game debugging
- Improved NPC tribes perception and reactions (this is another step toward the release of tribes in game in the next months)
- Greatly improved the stability of the client (it may still crash at startup, in this case, just launch it again)
- The window to discuss with NPCs is now always in the background, making it much easier to use
- Fixed scaling of monster models. Finally you will see them in the proper size and not default one
- Enabled creature sound system (first version). It will allow to have specific sounds for monster actions
- Updates to the navigation system for monster movement
- Updates to spell effects
- Added effects to many crafting items (i.e. Alchemy stove, Enchanters)
- Improved sounds in guildhouses
- Updated effects on magical staves
- A black bar may appear at the top of the window when running windowed mode. Lower the resolution from the launcher to fix it. We will publish a fix in the next days.