Who remembers the Myth series? Who wants to see another title?

bungie myth: the fallen lords myth 2: soulblighter halo marathon take 2 RTT strategy braveheart the black company

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well good luck to them but unless things change drastically I'm out.

It seems like maybe they were hoping to pick up enough momentum through Kickstarter to help get the other pieces to line up. If they had a license from Take Two for instance then Project Magma would be turning down a one-of-a-kind opportunity if they dragged their heels. It might have given a few members pause at least.

OTOH, if they had gotten much momentum then the attention they got from Take Two might have been exactly the opposite of what they intended-- I can't imagine a company being happy that someone is collecting money promising a sequel to something the company owns. I could easily see a cease-and-desist letter going out.

But I'm just speculating. Maybe they are already talking with Take Two, as someone has suggested. But it's pretty darn late for that kind of reveal.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#22 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yeah, I think oogaBooga held the high ground in that conversation by not returning the vitriol that was heaped on him by some of the members there.
Well, he certainly did return some retorts...

But as far as I can se, they have no idea what they are doing. And the lack of *any* transparency is just a big no-no, especially when they are joined with a guy who is known to take advantage of people.

I'd happily donate for the Myth franchise license, but this big mess is a giant heap of no thanks.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#23 oogabooga

oogabooga

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Steam Name:oogaboogan
  • Steam ID:oogaboogan

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

UPDATE:

The video is done and it is going up tonight. Here is a video ad we also created:

The interview footage should be up shortly. Enjoy :)

PS Although the donations may look discouraging, our viewing statistics indicate that if we were to try again on kickstarter (which is not only allowed but encouraged), the only hurdle would be getting it to go viral, so that the actual VIEW count can go up. We have a very good views-to-donations ratio, so take heart - this is not the end of Myth, nor of us. Unless a miracle happens we won't get funded this run, but we've gotten SO MANY supportive emails and messages from people who remember and love Myth, that it's only a matter of getting the message out there more effectively.

Thank you for your support, insidemacgames forum users. Godspeed!

#24 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

The following text is in the Risks section:

Upon reaching our funding goals we can obtain the license. If unable to obtain the license, we will refund all backers pledges. With proper funding we can secure the license - then the real work begins.

So that's something. But the video didn't scream $450,000 game either. People would be hoping for a Myth IV and would be getting Myth II + mods. A small team could make a better looking game with Unity for a fraction of that cost.

Which brings up another risk that noone's talked about, namely that as enthusiastic as they are, this may not be the right team to develop of new Myth game, even if they got the money. I believe it is typical in licensing talks for the owner (Take Two) to protect their property by taking a hard look at the team that wants to develop a new game. If they feel that the team could damage the brand then the money may be immaterial. They'll need to do a lot better than that video, that's for sure.

Okay, I've ranted enough on this topic. There's a lot for them to fix before they have even a faint hope of getting funded. I'll try to keep an open mind but the burden of proof is on them.

#25 oogabooga

oogabooga

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I value your honesty and constructive criticism, Matt. I hope we do eventually earn your trust and respect!

#26 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postoogabooga, on 25 October 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I value your honesty and constructive criticism, Matt. I hope we do eventually earn your trust and respect!

You are a class act, sir. Like I said, I'll try to keep an open mind.

#27 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Update video was odd and certainly didn't answer any of the pressing questions.   My $ still in my pocket.

#28 oogabooga

oogabooga

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

S'alright forrest, we'll get you eventually. :P
We have to present things better than we have, no argument there.

#29 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well, I'm there to be gotten.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bungie, myth: the fallen lords, myth 2: soulblighter, halo, marathon, take 2, RTT, strategy, braveheart, the black company