(1) Open wineskin winery and create a new wrapper I recommend 1.5.12AMDSpeedHack for most Macs such as mine.
(2) Run winetricks and install the following:
- Optional: Enable Multisampling
(4) Close Steam
(5) Install Black Mesa using wineskins installer utility
(6) Let it install source SDK 2007
(7) Add this command line argument to "EXE flags" for steam.exe in wineskin (no cracking involved):
-applaunch 218 -game "....SourceModsBMS"(8) Optional: Use the icon I made and released last night for the game.
(9) Optional: Install vcrun2005 via winetricks. May help with the stability a bit.
A few bugs and crashes here and there... some of which are reported even in windows. Works good for the most part though. They indicated they aren't going to compile it for Mac anytime soon unless Valve does a substantial update to the Source SDK.
I'm really liking it so far. Very professional for a TC mod. It's almost hard to believe it's not official.
*Update* Someone at portingteam.com claims setting the windows version to win7 with wineskin helps with the stability some too. For me it made it less stable. Not more.