Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

I really do!

Could use a splash of orange in the bobbles next to each topic though.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I didn't make it. Its a standard skin. I just added the header logo and network bar. The rest is, as it is ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the header between where the image stops and the white bar with all the buttons begins. Something should be done about it... just a suggestion. :)
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 26 August 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the header between where the image stops and the white bar with all the buttons begins. Something should be done about it... just a suggestion. :)

Screenshot, or it never happened. Be sure to do a cmd-R before so.

Attached Files

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I like it, but Smoke_Tetsu is right. Screen shot ->

Posted Image

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

If you guys run with any ad blocking software, you will see empty instead of the banner ad. Although I do see that the fading out light texture in the dark grey cuts off short. Normally won't see that if the banner ad was showing up. I'm not really in the mood to redo the header since they used absolute positioning, which means nothing collapses if its not there due to whatever reason. Oh well.

-Fm [1oM7]

#7 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

All looks pretty good to me. Maybe a few extra touches to add a little more pop to how things look, but it's a good, more modern look.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yep, nice new look.

But could there be a few resources for the mobile version missing? Note the "image not found" symbol here beside the unread thread (despite reloading a few times):

Posted Image

This also looks as if there are supposed to be some symbols or something:

Posted Image

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Yeah. The Admin panel was screaming about missing images for mobile... but when I looked at where it was screaming, the images are there. Not quite sure what is going on. It's like thinking they should be somewhere else in the usage, but the actual place it says 'they arent HERE', they are there.

The mobile stuff is all default. Nothing had been touched with it, ever since they added it. Soooo. I will poke again to see why its not using the images it has.

-Fm [1oM7]

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Update:
Fixed the mobile errors. It was being fussy about permissions, not that files were missing. Of course it tells me if a directory is not writable, but doesn't say if the directory isn't readable. Fool system.

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 27 August 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Update:
Fixed the mobile errors. It was being fussy about permissions, not that files were missing. Of course it tells me if a directory is not writable, but doesn't say if the directory isn't readable. Fool system.
Yup. Works now. :thumbsup:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

View new content button in the top instead of hidden in the bottom... :sabber:
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I found another problem.  Ever since we updated to the new software a topic keeps reappearing in the "View New Content" list.  It isn't being changed, unless the author is editing his post every couple of hours, which is unlikely.  The thread is here: http://www.insidemac...topic=42735&hl=

What the hey.  Is this happening to anybody else?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#14 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 27 August 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

I found another problem.  Ever since we updated to the new software a topic keeps reappearing in the "View New Content" list.  It isn't being changed, unless the author is editing his post every couple of hours, which is unlikely.  The thread is here: http://www.insidemac...topic=42735&hl=

What the hey.  Is this happening to anybody else?

Nope. Havn't seen that topic show up at all actually until you linked it.

You could try this:

Click the "Mark Community Read" link at the very bottom of the page. And also do a cmd-SHIFT-r reload. Then also quit and relaunch the browser. You may have some cached cookie content or something. I blew out all the caches on the server, and ran all the cleaners and stuff.

In my View New Content... I keep it set to "Forums" "Last 24 hours", and then just look for the gray highlighted items as having new content in them.

-Fm [1oM7]

#15 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Mark Community Read did the trick.  Thanks!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#16 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

<-- Proper avatar now back. Feels better, somehow.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#17 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 27 August 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

<-- Proper avatar now back. Feels better, somehow.
Yeah, I noticed that. I could change my avatar, but that would mean actually changing it…way too much effort.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#18 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

The forum upgrade did the following with avatars: If a user had no profile image (the bigger image of the two from the old IPB), it would use that for the persons new avatar. If they did not have a big profile image, it would use their original avatar. If they had neither, then it just set the default obviously.

Honestly, I never cared for how they had two images for the same profile back with the old version. It was annoying because the old code would sometimes use a smaller version of the profile, when showing a user, instead of their avatar! Now its consolidated and singular, with sizing actions. All you lazy bums just need to update your image if you care enough to do so ;)

-Fm [1oM7]