Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

This is title... which was announced at Quakecon this week is one that I'm having a hard time not being excited about even though it's tempered by the fact that some of the people behind it started other remake projects and never followed through. But this time it's supposed to be different because they've been fully funded and have a lot of people on board helping them out and are sanctioned and published by Apogee.. the original publishers of the game. If any of you know me you'd know over the top shooters like this are right up my alley and I played the original version (the shareware edition came out the same day as Marathon coincidently) to death. Especially the lasersoft deluxe shareware edition.

At this point I have no idea if any official port is going to be made. Interceptor had some interest in porting their previous now defunct game to the Mac since a few members have them but I'm not sure there's any guarantee so I posted it here to Windows gaming.

For those of you who aren't familiar of the original take a look at this site: http://hardcoregamin...t/rott/rott.htm

Back in the heyday of DOS prompts and floppy discs, one of the most popular games prowling around shareware sites and demo CDs was a mega-hit known as Doom. It took the gaming world by storm in 1993 with its amazing graphics, great gameplay and rocking soundtrack. The popularity of the game made other DOS developers take notice. Hoping to get their own piece of the action, they made their own "Doom clones" - what people called FPSes before that term was invented. Most of these weren't very good, but one company made a little-known gem that still plays well today. Apogee, the shareware giant, took the plans from a scrapped Wolfenstein 3D sequel and turned it into its own game - Rise of the Triad, affectionately referred to by its fans as "ROTT". The game pioneered several interesting ideas into the genre, including rocket jumping and enviromental destruction, but it never received the popularity of Doom. It does, however, have an over-the-top cheese factor that's somehow endearing, despite the incredulous violence.

Destructoid claims it'll be on Mac

Rise of the Triad, the zany 1995 first-person shooter helmed by post-id Software Tom Hall, will receive a sequel developed by Apogee Software and Interceptor Entertainment. This reboot will be available on PC and Mac (via Steam) later this year.
But I have yet to see that verified officially.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#2 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

They've released the Quakecon panel video from Quakecon 2012 for Rise of The Triad. Interestingly enough Frederik seemed to be running the Demo of the 2012 version on an iMac.. everytime they switched to the 2012 demo you could hear him adjusting the volume in OS X.

Stil that's not a confirmation that they are going to actually release on it but they did say they wanted to release their previous now defunct game on it and they do have it up and running right now it seems.
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

That should have been Macbook Pro, not iMac.. slip of the fingers... sorry.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said: