15 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8400 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

Feral Interactive has announced that Tomb Raider: Underworld will be released for the Mac on Thursday, May 31st. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes for Windows, and originally published by Eidos Interactive, Tomb Raider: Underworld comes to the Mac for the first time under the Feral Legends label.

“Tomb Raider: Underworld is a great addition to the Feral Legends label” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted to see Lara getting a grip on the Mac.”

When Lara Croft uncovers proof that the Norse Underworld is real, she realizes that it contains the answer to a mystery from her own past, a prize worth more than any treasure in the world. She embarks on a quest to find it, and in doing do risks unleashing a force that could lay waste to all civilization.

As Lara, players will experience an astonishing level of physical interaction with a beautiful, unpredictable and treacherous world. From the crystalline waters of coastal Thailand to the rain-lashed jungles of Mexico and on to mysterious sunken edifices deep beneath the Arctic sea, Lara won’t stop until she knows the truth.

With over a thousand motion-captured moves at her disposal, Lara responds deftly to her environment by free-climbing, wall-jumping and using found objects to create new paths. Each level is an epic multi-stage puzzle which players will need to use all their cunning - and Lara’s athletic abilities - to solve.

A platforming game of unparalleled sophistication, Tomb Raider: Underworld gives players control over everything from Lara’s outfits to whether she brandishes lethal weapons or tranquilizers. Lara can now use her grapple to abseil and manipulate vast mechanical devices, while the treasures of the Underworld give her superhuman strength and the power to lay the undead to rest.

Minimum system requirements (subject to change):
  • 1.8GHz Intel Mac
  • 3.0GB RAM
  • Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
  • 128MB or better graphics card
  • The following cards are NOT supported:
    • ATI X1xxx series
    • NVIDIA 7xxx series
    • Intel GMA series
    • The Intel GMA HD3000 is only supported using Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion
Tomb Raider: Underworld for the Mac will retail in North America for US $24.99, £17.49 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €19.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. When released, it will be available online for direct download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide, including Macgamestore.com.

Pre-order the game now at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

:o

Someone is taking over Mac gaming.

#3 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostRiko, on 10 May 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

:o

Someone is taking over Mac gaming.

Thanks, but all I can say officially say is this ;)

Edwin

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7144 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 10 May 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Ah, House of Cards. Excellent series. :D

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 10 May 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Edwin

Very well played indeed sir.  :lol:
I'll be having my eye on you.

<3

#6 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is great news - Having enjoyed TR Legend in Crossover Games I purchased a PC version of Underworld and tried to get that working in Wineskin for ages.

Unfortunately there has always been problems with the graphics and lately with the performance that made it unplayable. I'm really looking forward to buying the Mac version so I can play it with all the bells and whistles turned on :)

Thanks to all the Feral team for not only getting us the latest AAA titles but also taking the time to bring us some of the best titles that got missed when they were first released on the PC.

#7 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5111 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Feral rocks!

TR:U is actually worth a play too, I beat it a couple times on the PS3 and enjoyed it very much. Not even really a TR fan, the only other one I have played was Anniversary.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#8 jeannot

jeannot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Go Feral!
It's never too late to port a game to the Mac.

#9 andrewlennox

andrewlennox

Fan

• IMG Writers
  • 47 posts
  • Steam Name:lenntheox

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postmattw, on 10 May 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

This is great news - Having enjoyed TR Legend in Crossover Games I purchased a PC version of Underworld and tried to get that working in Wineskin for ages.

Unfortunately there has always been problems with the graphics and lately with the performance that made it unplayable. I'm really looking forward to buying the Mac version so I can play it with all the bells and whistles turned on :)

Thanks to all the Feral team for not only getting us the latest AAA titles but also taking the time to bring us some of the best titles that got missed when they were first released on the PC.

I played it on the PC also. Awesome stuff :) I hope we can see others in this series as well as possibly the anniversary edition some time in the future :D

View Postjeannot, on 12 May 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Go Feral!
It's never too late to port a game to the Mac.

Oh yes I agree to that. One of the great things about Feral is that they have the power to choose from the vast library of games released on the PC, and pick the best which deserve to be on the Mac. Keep up the good work guys :)
Andrew Lennox
Writer, Inside Mac Games
http://andrewlennox.tumblr.com/

#10 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postandrewlennox, on 12 May 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I played it on the PC also. Awesome stuff :) I hope we can see others in this series as well as possibly the anniversary edition some time in the future :D

A bit confused! Tomb Raider Anniversary was released years ago on the Mac but I guess that's not what you meant.

Edwin

#11 jeannot

jeannot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

BTW; any plan to release TR Anniversary and other "older" games on the Mac App Store, as you did for Bioshock? :)

#12 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

View Postjeannot, on 14 May 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

BTW; any plan to release TR Anniversary and other "older" games on the Mac App Store, as you did for Bioshock? :)

I think you just answered your own question. So far we have (re)released over 10 "older" games into the AppStore. Although we don't announce a list of games that we will be updating I hope you can see a pattern. :)

Edwin

#13 jeannot

jeannot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

It would make sense to re-release TR anniversary alongside Underworld, if possible of course.

#14 jeannot

jeannot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

So we're june 6th. Is the game out yet?  :unsure:

#15 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Date was moved to June 12th.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#16 jeannot

jeannot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Is it still the 12th in Feral's world?
Sorry to be impatient, but I'd like to play this game;  :lol: