4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

inXile Entertainment's Brian Fargo recently revealed in a Twitter post that the company will be bringing The Bard's Tale to OS X. This version of the title is the modern comic RPG, currently available for iOS in the App Store.

You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf. Ready your weapon as you embark on a quest for coin and cleavage!

Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
  • 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
  • A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
  • A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
  • Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
  • 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
  • Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
  • More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
  • Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
Learn more about The Bard's Tale at the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

This game was awesome on the Playstation 2 back in the day. I hope it will be a true port and not some Wineskin thing too.

#3 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Most definitely a true port since they've already done an iPad one. If you have an iPad might want to get that version instead actually if they don't upgrade it with higher quality textures. The original textures wouldn't look nice on a full size screen.

#4 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostHansi, on 04 May 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Most definitely a true port since they've already done an iPad one. If you have an iPad might want to get that version instead actually if they don't upgrade it with higher quality textures. The original textures wouldn't look nice on a full size screen.

I do not have an iPad. I hope the textures are higher resolution, if not then I will be fine with the PS2 version.

#5 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

They look quite similar to the PS2 version on the iPad: