#141 *LuNa*Moonraker

*LuNa*Moonraker

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Posthenryfakesmile, on 30 March 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

the game is franking great , omg ! feel so dynamic !
Glad to hear it :) I'm enjoying it a lot.

Helping to sort the last couple of main Mac issues.  The is an issue remaining with the MacBook Air (Mid 2013) with Intel Graphics HD5000 not fixed correctly. A fix has been done today and submitted for testing.

Memory is a lot better than last beta with a fix in. But probably needs more feedback to tweak memory control.

Launcher has been a pain for some people across platforms. Hoping they nail that soon. Nothing that doesn't tend to happen most launches.

I must say the servers have been rock solid and there was no queuing which was great.
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013 - 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB - OS X 10.9

#142 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

View Post*LuNa*Moonraker, on 31 March 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Glad to hear it :) I'm enjoying it a lot.

Helping to sort the last couple of main Mac issues.  The is an issue remaining with the MacBook Air (Mid 2013) with Intel Graphics HD5000 not fixed correctly. A fix has been done today and submitted for testing.

Memory is a lot better than last beta with a fix in. But probably needs more feedback to tweak memory control.

Launcher has been a pain for some people across platforms. Hoping they nail that soon. Nothing that doesn't tend to happen most launches.

I must say the servers have been rock solid and there was no queuing which was great.

my games are crashing like fk,,,, do you know how to read these crash report ?
both of my iMac are brand new just freshly delivered my home few days ago ... with gtx 780 & sad .. so there's no way my mac's problem..

[reporter]

version = 0.01

[extra]

ProductName = eso

Version = eso.live.1.0.0.964485

char.account = henryfakesmile

char.alliance = 2

char.name = henryfakesmile

client.executablebits = 32

client.mode = inworld

client.renderertype = OPENGL

client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-04-08T08:14:37.538Z

client.time_since_load = 772

client.uptime = 813.5

computer.name = henrys-iMac.local

computer.user = puilamcupcake

cpu.count = 4

data.depotid = 4000

data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher.app/game_mac/pubplayercli

data.syncm = databuild

data.version = 0.win.0.live.961669

exe.buildnum = 964485

exe.opt = release

exe.reltype = public

exe.type = client

gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M OpenGL Engine

gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0

gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01

gfx.vendorid = 0

globby.address = 198.20.200.23

globby.port = 24504

loc.wloc = 43 569598 18400 565584 105.43

loc.world = Cyrodiil

loc.worldid = 43

loc.zone = Cyrodiil

login.address = 198.20.200.23

mem.current = 2223

mem.peak = 2320

mem.physical = 8192

os.platform = mac

os.version = 13C64

realm.depotid = 0

realm.id = 4000

realm.name = NA Megaserver

reportfield.ver = 3

#143 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

That's not a crash log but a general log with information about your system. Not very interesting.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#144 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15673 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

Henry, you need a crash log to post here.  Go into your utilities folder and launch the Console app.  Clear it, then launch your game again.  The crash log will appear in the Console.  Copy it and paste it here.  There are folks here who can make sense of the gibberish.  Good luck.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#145 *LuNa*Moonraker

*LuNa*Moonraker

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

View Posthenryfakesmile, on 08 April 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

my games are crashing like fk,,,, do you know how to read these crash report ?
both of my iMac are brand new just freshly delivered my home few days ago ... with gtx 780 & sad .. so there's no way my mac's problem..

[reporter]
version = 0.01
---snip---
Well, that's the ZOSCrashReporter report so it is pretty useful to get some idea of the reason.

Basically it is showing a known memory related issue in the Mac client. In PVE questing etc. it can crash after 2-3 hours when it hits the limit.

In Cyrodiil AvA big battles it is crashing within 30-45 minutes with lots of other players around, which seems to be a big factor in this.

It is a known issue and there was some changes implemented from the last mass beta to the launch build which reduced frequency of crashes from then but in AvA especially it is still a problem. The development team is continuing to monitor and work on further improvements.

In the meantime I would suggest lowering settings in particular Texture Quality to Medium (lower are applicable) as it reduces memory requirement. For performance (FPS) reducing Shadow Quality to Medium or lower will make the biggest difference.

Depending on the Mac model settings need to be reduced in any case in PvP as there are also other issues which case frequent crashes including being grouped and at log in screen which appear to be server-side related but it's early days yet.

Check out the ESO Mac Technical Support section (also available in FR & DE) on the official forums where we are gathering more feedback and details/ reports on this thread. All other main issues for the Mac client have now been addressed with some other smaller fixes in the works.

Personally I am finding ti working really well with Ultra-High settings with a few tweaks in questing and general PVE. Hopefully there will be some more changes made to the client to help in PvP and for them to address the cross-platform issues that exist currently.

Longer term, a move from the 32-bit client (Mac & PC for backward compatibility reasons apparently) to 64-bit will provide a permanent solution.

if you would like to check out Apple eso .crash reports for this issue then there are some posted as ZIP attachments in that thread linked above.  All of them appear to point to out of memory issues:

Application Specific Information:
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc
abort() called

I could post an example here but don't want to spam the forum.

But if you have any further advice or comment on them it would be appreciated.
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013 - 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB - OS X 10.9

#146 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View Post*LuNa*Moonraker, on 09 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Longer term, a move from the 32-bit client (Mac & PC for backward compatibility reasons apparently) to 64-bit will provide a permanent solution.

I feel like that would be a massive undertaking, and is not practical at all. ESO shouldn't need more then 4 GB's of RAM. Once they patch it so the memory leak is fixed then everything should be good.
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#147 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Been playing since very soon after launch. As a veteran of launch days on console and Mac, across a variety of game genres, I did not dare play right on launch day. Seems I was overly cautious and congratulations to the publisher on a launch well done.

Direct comparison to WoW is inevitable. Very clearly the publishers have had a look at WoW and included the best features of that game experience and discarded the worst. It is not possible for Blizzard to right their wrongs as for the most part it would result in mass disquiet, risking subscriptions and drawing bad publicity.

No Auction House. A brave but necessary move. There is no easy way for players to purchase their way forward in terms of gear and professions. Players are forced to engage with others and/or actually play the game.

No world PvP. No chance of being griefed by bullies.

The designated PvP zone, Cyrodiil, has also obviously been influenced by GW2. Very polished, epic, immersive and addictive. I have never had so much fun in mass PvP as a new player. ALL players are levelled up or down to about level 25 (if I am not mistaken) statistics except high end characters still retain their additional skills and consequent advantage. Travel distances, porting and siege engine mechanics are deliberate to avoid one small group of "pro" players totally dominating and automating wins.

The nearest WoW comparison to Cyrodiil is of course Alterac Valley. There are always quests available in AV and you do get some 20v20 action sometimes but it all boils down to who has a gear advantage at the moment. To force a comparison, various choke points in Cyrodiil (there are a few bridges around) offer relatively cramped PvP but even here you have players manning boiling oil, fights often last 15 minutes or more (I swear one such fight went more than 30 minutes one time), and players working in a much more strategic way. Additionally, such scenarios are the exception to the norm. Typically we have massed PvP around the farms, mines, etc surrounding keeps, in order to starve a keep of resources. When it comes to fighting a keep, the battle becomes a more ranged affair with machinery heavily used.

A nice touch in Cyrodiil is that on achieving the capture of certain targets, you get a nice gear reward in the mail. You are also earning Experience Points in PvP, but questing remains the normal way to achieve the fastest XP gains.

The crafting system is impossible to "game". No more easy materials off the AH. There is none! One aspect of crafting is on a brutal timer. The timer extends from a 6 hour delay to 12 hours next time. And so on. Currently I am nearing completion of a delay lasting longer than 15 days and more remains after that, lol. I don't mind this at all. The key advancements for training are NOT on a timer. If you want rapid advancement then yo must farm the materials yourself, or rely on guilds to help you.

In terms of questing ESO offers variety which WoW does not. Simple as that. You also have voice acting, animated NPCs, and never does ESO ask you to do a Sholazar Basin (WoW) style grind of collection 100 of something.

Gear acquisition must be through questing, PvP rewards, crafted yourself, or purchased through a guild or NPC vendor. The is a very bland sameness about a lot of the gear. Very unattractive. But remember this. You are at the start of a long epic journey. You expect the publishers to be laying on the good stuff so soon? Step by step you notice little cosmetic improvements to the her on offer. Nothing outrageous like in WoW in terms of garish colours or massive shoulder pads no mortal would be able to lift off the ground. End game (veteran) gear sets do look impressive.

While levelling I wear any old bits and pieces BUT I have a small collection of "disguises" which would normally be taken away from you after completing the relevant quest. I "gamed" ESO so that I could hand in the quest and still keep the disguises. So to hide my lousy looking miss-mashof gear I simply wear a disguise.

Many players complain that female characters often wear very skimpy armour. There is a little of that in ESO but nowhere near to the extent of the gratuitous sexual styling seen in WoW (and other games too to be fair).

Characters are infinitely customisable at creation time with choices far exceeding anything offered by WoW.

Now the bad.

I am unable to play/review this on the best iMac at home simply because I'd need to boot my son off it and he has maxed out his SSD already with games. So I am forced to play on a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 with 16GB of memory and a 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 5670. Also known as a Mid 2010 27 inch iMac.

I insist on playing at maximum view distance. I enjoy farming materials in this game and so I also want to see my immediate surrounds fully rendered as much as possible so that I may view spawned ore and herb and rune nodes.

All other settings are on low. Sadly.

The only time I lag is when in a busy town or during a big fight in Cyrodiil. Commonly I get about 3 or 4 fps during a very busy time in a town or in battle. Outside that I enjoy 20-30 fps.

(In WoW whilst playing on a much older computer and with a slow internet connection I was able to nearly top Raid DPS on my enhancement shaman by adopting a predictive game style. I do the same in ESO in these situations (and with an AddOn I wrote to help in this regard lol). We must make the best of what we have and not just give up)

The game frequently crashes for me. This will happen if I have not had a load screen for some time. As a programmer myself, I feel that there is memory leaking or variables slowly being accumulated until a breaking point is reached. I have 16GB of memory but the game will crash well before I get even 4GB of usage.  A 64 bit implementation is urgently required.

I get more continuous play when I am frequently moving between regions, necessitating a load screen.

I get more continuous play if, after a crash, I go to ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables/ and delete the ZO_Ingame.lua file. In particular have a look at ZO_Ingame_SavedVariables =
{
    ["Default"] =
    {
        ["@myIDName"] =
        {
            ["MyCharacterName"] =
            {
                ["AutoComplete"] =
                {
                    ["version"] = 2,
                    ["RecentInteractions"] =
                    {

MASSIVE LIST

},},},},etc

That is a source of difficulty, no doubt. The client engine just cannot cope.

Despite these extreme difficulties, which do very much try my patience, I am having a great time.

I Strongly recommend this game to all MMO players and am certain that over time the difficulties for us Mac users will be resolved.