2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8334 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

SiniScope's Auto Sport Driving, a driving simulator available exclusively for Mac OS X, was recently updated. Version 1.2 of the racing title features the introduction of a new car set, dubbed the 357F series. This F1 styled race car adds an even faster option to the available collection. As with previous vehicles, the new car is playable on all tracks. Version 1.2 also offers some tweaks allowing better accessibility for new players.

I recently spoke to lead developer Jason Frabotta who told me that this update is one of many planned for the coming year and that he has received positive feedback from early testers. Jason also said that through these updates he hopes to transform Auto Sport Driving from a "small indie game to a very polished quality game."

Here are a few new screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image http://www.insidemacgames.com/images/AutoSport_011_mini.jpg

For more information about the game check out the site below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Andrew, I want to thank you for posting this! This small game could use all the help it can get.

I would like to correct the term "only" sim created specifically for Mac, it is just that my game is made "only" for Mac and not for any other platform. It does not mean that there are no other sims created specifically for Mac, but again, just that mine is only on the Mac platform. Sorry for the confusion. But there are games like Redline that could be considered driving sims that are only for Mac also.

Here is a bit of information on what I am planning for this year. I will post a new thread maybe also at some point.

Hiring Help
This is a big one. I am currently looking into hiring 3D artist for help. I already have many tracks and cars underway, but it would be nice to have help here as it would give me time to work more on presentation and handling and actually getting the game a bit more advertised.

More Cars
I am currently working on getting approximately 7 more series' into the game. These include an actual F1 style car, new 2012 Indycar style, stock car and truck and even Pro Carting.

More Tracks
There are well over 15 new tracks being worked at any given time. Not sure how many will make into the new sales model, but hopefully all of them will and really should make it. With help, this wil be key.

New Game Sales Structure
Right now the game is being sold on the Mac App Store which I believe is a very good design. It has sold well, but I really believe that as more content goes into it the game will sell much better. The plan is to keep the game at it's current $14.99USD, but as major series' along with the accompanying tracks are added to the game, the price may go up a little. In-App purchase are not in the cards right now as the way the Mac App Store utilizes this feature is not well suited to the way I would like to release the addons. An example of this new pricing would be something like this..... When the Stock Car addon (which would include a stock car series, a truck series and around 5-8 accompanying tracks) is released as an update, the price may go up a few dollars for any new buyers. This would reward the early adopters greatly. Again, this is not set in stone, but due to the way the App Store handles in-app purchases and how they are stored and downloaded would not work well for me as it is currently set up.

Adding More to the Engine
The engine is now being update to suit this game and wil get beter over time. Some new effects are coming along with other updates.

#3 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like a lot of good things are in store. Thanks for the update!