4 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearNova

NuclearNova

Nuclear Nova Software

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Anyone interested in testing Nuclear Nova's newest game Nova Golf? This is a total 100% new game, not just an updated version of GL Golf. Everything has been revamped from scratch, we're trying to keep the same simplicity while vastly expanding the depth of the game and improving the physics/graphics. We're hoping to submit for the Mac App Store this week, then on iOS a few weeks after that once we test/optimize on all the supported devices.

We'd love to hear ANY suggestions you have. We have limited testing configurations so we're not positive the defaults will run smooth on all systems. There are a lot of graphical options that should make the game run smooth and look its best on all systems, but it's hard to know for sure without testing on EVERY Mac. We're really interested on how this game runs on integrated graphics. We know it doesn't run on the GMA 950, but we don't know about the X3100 integrated graphics cards. HD 3000 works fine

Thanks in advance for any advice and feedback, I hope you enjoy it the game!

http://nuclearnova.c...ovagolfbeta.zip (Requires 10.6.8+, 32/64 bit Intel)
Screenshots are a bit dated but show the general idea -
http://nuclearnova.com/temp/ngsc1.png
http://nuclearnova.com/temp/ngsc2.png
http://nuclearnova.com/temp/ngsc3.png

#2 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3824 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I tried it. See iMac specs in sig. Was able to turn up the graphics and it looked good. Fun to play. Blew one hole badly on thew back nine (a 10! I never shot a 10 in real life) but still managed a respectable 86 even so. Funny, I drive about as far as the game does, somewhere between 220 and 250 depending on wind and roll, my longest drive being a 293 yard monster one day at a club in Phoenix (I knew because I was lying within 2 feet of the 50 yard post).

A couple of points/questions ...

1. Can you not make it full screen? I couldn't find that if so. I know the green window panel dot does it but it's still in a window. Found it, my bad.
2. I would have preferred the club choice, fade etc along the bottom and the wind indicator in the top left, but not a big deal.
3. Is there any way for users to make courses (ah, DaveyJJ and his editor question).
4. Can you make the hole map (bottom right) bigger and then smaller?
5. I don't like the aiming point on that map being so big and fuzzy.
6. I don't like the ball in flight on the map also being fuzzy.
7. What about customizing players? I mean, that burgundy shirt? Eww. I usually wear blue or green. Picky, I know.

Overall an excellent effort. Love the sky and moving clouds. How many courses included and how many coming? (See question 3 above).
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#3 NuclearNova

NuclearNova

Nuclear Nova Software

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 24 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

I tried it. See iMac specs in sig. Was able to turn up the graphics and it looked good. Fun to play. Blew one hole badly on thew back nine (a 10! I never shot a 10 in real life) but still managed a respectable 86 even so. Funny, I drive about as far as the game does, somewhere between 220 and 250 depending on wind and roll, my longest drive being a 293 yard monster one day at a club in Phoenix (I knew because I was lying within 2 feet of the 50 yard post).

A couple of points/questions ...

1. Can you not make it full screen? I couldn't find that if so. I know the green window panel dot does it but it's still in a window. Found it, my bad.
2. I would have preferred the club choice, fade etc along the bottom and the wind indicator in the top left, but not a big deal.
3. Is there any way for users to make courses (ah, DaveyJJ and his editor question).
4. Can you make the hole map (bottom right) bigger and then smaller?
5. I don't like the aiming point on that map being so big and fuzzy.
6. I don't like the ball in flight on the map also being fuzzy.
7. What about customizing players? I mean, that burgundy shirt? Eww. I usually wear blue or green. Picky, I know.

Overall an excellent effort. Love the sky and moving clouds. How many courses included and how many coming? (See question 3 above).

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad your distances match up, depending on how many points are in Power/Spin most golfers will be able to get a similar virtual golfer.

1. Yes, but only in Lion
2. We may redesign the interface at some point, I'll keep that in mnd
3. Not at the moment
4. Do you mean take up for screen space, or actually zoom in/out of what you're seeing?
5. If you level up the Accuracy stat and upgrade clubs it will get less fuzzy :)
6. Same
7. When we get more time we want more customization, but for now we had to cut it off at 4 of each item.

Three courses now, definitely many many more coming, probably in-app purchases of some sort. Takes lots longer to make the courses than our previous game GL Golf, but will be worth the effort.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

#4 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3824 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

4. Zoom in and out. I don't want to necessarily rely on changing views in the main window to get an idea of the layout of the hole.
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#5 NuclearNova

NuclearNova

Nuclear Nova Software

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

We've been approved, check it out