6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

In a recent Reddit Ask Me Anything Q&A InterWave Studio's managing director Michiel Beenen revealed plans for Nuclear Dawn 2. The original game combines first person shooter and real time strategy gameplay, allowing players to take the role of a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic world.

Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game.

As a soldier, explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons across ten distinct load-outs to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with a full complement of defensive and offensive structures to choose from, to build your perfect fortress.
No specifics about the game are available yet, but Beenen encouraged fans to keep an eye on the company's social media sites and forums for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

How's about just re-working Nuclear Dawn...  :blink:
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#3 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game.

The first RTS+FPS hybrid was Natural Selection.

I love Nuclear Dawn, i played 3 games yesterday, happy to see a sequel coming.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 17 April 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

How's about just re-working Nuclear Dawn...  :blink:

They are actively updating and tweaking things :P

View Postikir, on 17 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

The first RTS+FPS hybrid was Natural Selection.
NS was just a mod, I don't think it ever had a standalone release like what's planned for NS2? Or did it get its own release.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostWumpus, on 17 April 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

NS was just a mod, I don't think it ever had a standalone release like what's planned for NS2? Or did it get its own release.
You're right NS1 was "just" a mod. NS2 will be standalone.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#6 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1739 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I have 3x 3day full game passes for Nuclear Dawn 1 on Steam, pm if anyone wants them.

#7 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostHansi, on 18 April 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

I have 3x 3day full game passes for Nuclear Dawn 1 on Steam, pm if anyone wants them.
The same...passes for everyone!
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive