1 reply to this topic

#1 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I ordered a few days ago a set of wireless Astro A40 headphones. They are pricey, but I also get 15 days to try things out in case I don't like them. I did a lot of research and they seem to consistently come up as the top of the line gaming headphones. Beating out Razer, Logitech, Turtle Beach and a number of others.

Mostly I'm concerned about getting the proper 5.1 surround sound or some form of it. After talking to an "expert" at Astro and a friend who is an audio nut it seems like I should be able to get it to work. Won't really till I get them.

That's the kicker. $20 shipping is going to take *over a week* to get here. And its all in the states. Pretty absurd for a pair of headphones. Their base shipping is $20, and the next step up is $40 for 3 day, or $50+ for 2 day. Who even does that? That's the like the cost of shipping an iMac, not a box of headphones. So they had better rock my ears off or I'm going to be pissed.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

i got the sony wireless headset that's made for the PS3, works dandy though on the computer as well though. No complaints here, the A40's are a nicer headset then mine.
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64