3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8621 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Fatshark has announced release dates for its upcoming post-apocalyptic role playing game, Krater. Windows PC gamers will be able to pick up the adventure on June 12, 2012, with a Mac verision coming in July. The top down RPG takes place inside a giant impact crater where the inhabitants live on in the aftermath of a bomb. Krater will feature crafting, exploration, and consequence. One example of such consequence is the possibility that characters may suffer permanent injuries and death.

THE WORLD AND ITS INHABITANTS

Krater takes place in a lush post-apocalyptic game world, a gigantic impact crater where cities and even nations have has been built on the aftermath of a bomb. It is a colorful game exeperince, where genre-typical deserts are replaced by nordic pine forests and red wooden cottages.

BASIC GAME CONCEPT

It combines the combat mechanics of action-rpgs with the top-down tactics of the classic old-school games such as Syndicate and X-Com. The rich world opens up for the players via exploration of the immense world map.

Extensive crafting (craft unique abilities, weapons and items) and character persistence where both injuries and experience work in conjunction are key elements to evolve your team over time and get ready to enter into the end-game.

CORE MECHANICS
  • Extensive crafting (craft unique abilities, weapons and items)
  • Character persistence where both injuries and experience work in conjunction to evolve your team over time.
  • Simultaneously control a squad of 3 characters chosen from 4 different main classes with a multitude of specializations.
  • Prepare your team of Freediggers for the end-game and try to get as deep as you can into the main shaft, a dungeon crawler of massive proportions.
  • Singleplayer/multiplayer which blend seamless with each other. Use your progress from the single player campaign in coop missions and the other way around.
Learn more about the game at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

This looks rather interesting. I'm guessing Steamplay as well.

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.9.2
iPad 3 64GB WiFi/iPhone 4S 32GB

#3 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Looks cool!
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Count me interested! Hopefully there will be a demo.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive