4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8481 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

Amanita Design, developer of Machinarium, recently announced the April 19 release of Botanicula, a new point-and-click adventure. The game focuses on five unique characters on a mission to save the last seed of their home tree from infestation by evil parasites. To succeed players will have to rely on each of the five characters skills as they travel through the game's more than 150 locations.

Botanicula is point'n'click exploration game created by Jára Plachŭ and Amanita Design. It's about a bunch of five friends - little tree creatures who set out for a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites. The original soundtrack and sound effects are created by Czech alternative band DVA.
For more information follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Looks really interesting, though I was unsure of how the actual gameplay really works, even after watching the video. It jus showed the bugs running away constantly from a big spider/fly thing.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostWumpus, on 06 April 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Looks really interesting, though I was unsure of how the actual gameplay really works, even after watching the video. It jus showed the bugs running away constantly from a big spider/fly thing.

Gameplay is similar to Machinarium and their other adventure games; if you haven't played them, I strongly recommend that you do, especially Machinarium.

This game looks unique in that you have five characters to utilize in order to solve puzzles, each with specific roles. There's a good preview of it here.

It's available at gog.com for preorder, but strangely it doesn't include the Mac version...hope it appears on Steam soon.

#4 rhywun

rhywun

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, the video doesn't give the impression of "point-and-click" at all - in fact the video makes it look rather "platform-ey" to me.  I'm interested either way.  Machinarium was so good I couldn't possibly ignore what's next.

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3042 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

4/5. I enjoyed this one as much as Machinarium, and actually think the setting was a bit better.

Recommended!

Setting and artistic view is awesome, and several of the puzzles are quite nice. It is merely a matter of click everything, remember what to do, and enjoy the ride. Quite a few occasition where I was at a loss of what to do, but it didn't ruin the overall experience.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.