13 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8621 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Feral Interactive today confirmed that first-person role-playing game Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition will be released for the Mac on Thursday, April 26th. Developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix for games consoles and Windows PC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a prequel to the classic Deus Ex.

The Mac release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition will be a complete version of the game, containing the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement packs, as well as The Missing Link DLC.

“This is the next step in Mac gaming,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive.

Set in 2027, Deus Ex: Human Revolution immerses players in a world where amoral corporations market biomechanical modifications that blur the boundary between man and machine. The player controls Adam Jensen, the security chief of biotech company Sarif Industries, who has been forced to undergo extensive cybernetic augmentation after a terrorist attack on the company.

To find those responsible, the player must explore the full potential of Adam’s augmented body and develop it to suit their playing style. Every situation can be approached either by focusing on one of the four pillars of gameplay - combat, stealth, hacking and social - or by deploying an artful combination of all four.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution’s engrossing plot puts players in strikingly inventive visions of Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal, where they must scrutinize everything to uncover the secrets behind a global conspiracy that threatens everyone, from the purely human underclass to the augmented elite.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has enjoyed huge critical and commercial success on its original release platforms. The Windows version has an average Metacritic rating of 90 out of 100 and has sold over 3 million units to date.

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 2.0GHz Intel Mac
  • 4GB RAM
  • 20GB free Hard Drive space
  • 256MB or better graphics card
  • Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later.
  • The following graphics cards are not supported:
    • ATI X1xxx series
    • ATI HD2xxx series
    • NVIDIA 9400
    • NVIDIA 7xxx series
    • NVIDIA 320M
    • Intel HD3000
    • Intel GMA series
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition for the Mac will retail in North America for US $49.99, £34.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €39.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. It is available for pre-order now.

For more information about the game click over to the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Awesome! But.... No GMA HD3000 support? :o
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Oh snap. Glad to finally see a release date, and as I predicted, this month :P

Just finished The Missing Link last night, great stuff. Can't wait for this to be out and in the hands of mac gamers so it can be discussed more. :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Edit: Gah! Missed the *not*!

Doesn't surprise me that the 320M/HD 3000 aren't supported. Trust me, you will want a nice graphics card to enjoy it.

#5 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

View Postikir, on 04 April 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Awesome! But.... No GMA HD3000 support? :o
The nVidia 320M also isn't supported. Between the two, that adds up to quite a few modern Macs. Given the HD2600XT and 320M aren't supported, I'm surprised the 8600M GT is still on there and must really be scraping along. Still, I'm very pleased we're getting this all inclusive, exclusive Ultimate Edition.

#6 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am counting the days already  :cool:

#7 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I hope it gets released on the Mac App Store on the 26 as well.

#8 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

As Harry Stamper would say: DAMN GLAD TO GET TO SEE YOU BOY!

Who-
hoooooooooo! *\o/*

Feral got my love.

Edit: ohhh, bad omen 666 post of me.... :/

#9 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

MGS??
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#10 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3311 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Noo it's Deus Ex, NOT Metal Gear Solid!  :cool:  :lol:
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#11 Ben

Ben

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Argh! Damn the no ATI HD2xxx support. This is the first time my current machine hasn't been able to handle a game I want.

#12 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 05 April 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

MGS??

Yep, the MGS pre-order is available now

#13 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

The only problem is some of those screenshots are BS. A number of them are staged and/or just inaccurate. Also it looks like to my eye they are taken from the pc version with DX11 enabled which the Mac won't have. So in my opinion, slightly misleading :P

But I know they are the stock screenshots or whatever the dev/publisher gave MGS to use I imagine.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#14 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Duly pre-ordered :) Am currently playing through the original again (via Crossover) to get fully refreshed for the new release.