7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8617 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Electronic Arts has announced that The Sims 3: Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats will be available this June. The lastest collaboration between The Sims developers and the pop singer will allow players to "sweeten up their Sims’ lives with Katy Perry-inspired, candylicious items that will enhance their game experience such as décor, furniture, objects and of course, fashions and hairstyles."

“I’m delighted to bring you more with The Sims 3 Sweet Treats," said Perry. "I love some of the accessories so much that I am going to get some of them made in real life! It's one of my small life goals to sit on a banana split couch."

Players will sink their sweet tooth into all new in-game goodies and turn the homes and neighborhoods of their Sims into a whimsical Candyfornia™, complete with cupcake-themed guitars, candy playground equipment and delicious cotton candy trees. Outfitting their Sims in an array of new clothing and hairstyles, players will make their Sims look good enough to eat! Three pre-built venues will help transform the world for the Sims characters with a game packed full of Katy Perry-inspired content.

Additionally, players will rock out to a Simlish version of Katy Perry’s hit song, ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F),’ which she recorded for The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats. Simlish is the official language of The Sims.

Perry comments on singing the Simlish version of the track, saying, "'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)' is a really fun song to sing along to in any language, so I thought why not in Simlish?"

In The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, players can indulge their Sims in an array of exciting and colorful items to turn their surroundings into vibrant candytopias. From banana split sofas to lavish fountains made of candy, and even a waffle cone picnic table, this game really captures Katy Perry’s spirit. New sugar-coated fashions and hairstyles really sweeten this game. The fashions are straight from Katy Perry’s red carpet appearances, music videos and concert performances, which have now been recreated for The Sims in a true to life way.

Even more delectable are the pre-built venues that are included. Players can take their Sims for a dip amidst the sweet surroundings of Patty’s Natural Baths, an all-new pool venue, complete with bubble gum pink lounge chairs and a licorice-themed slippy slide. They can stroll over to the Bonbon Lawn Park where they’ll find loads of fun-for-all-ages, candy playground equipment. Players can also take their Sims to the Cake Pleasure Dome, the town’s charming local hangout, where even more tasty sweet treats await.
The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats is currently available for pre-order. Check out the official website to learn more.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

"Sweet Treats"?

Is that what the young kids call it these days?
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15851 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

What is wrong with these people?  This is just so wrong!  Why can't they just shoot each other with electrically charged bullets that make the victim shriek while shaking in place as their eyeball pops out and bounces along the ground just before their heads explode and their brains splatter everywhere?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • 3855 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 April 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

... shoot each other with electrically charged bullets that make the victim shriek while shaking in place as their eyeball pops out and bounces along the ground just before their heads explode and their brains splatter everywhere?
^ This? This game I'd buy.
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7232 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 04 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

^ This? This game I'd buy.
Here you go.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3684 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 04 April 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

:lol: Golden. You two must have orchestrated that, too sly a thing to merely happen.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15851 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I've been playing an awful lot of Borderlands these days.  Too bad I can't bring Lilith into the Katy Perry Sweet Treats world to wreak a little havoc.  I'd head straight for that green sail fin mohawk dweeb and teach him what rebellion is really about.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've never played The Sims, but that is one scary looking cover photo.  Katy has an "I'm going to murder you in your sleep" look on her face.  Nightmarish.