3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8437 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

Penny Arcade has revealed some new details about Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, which will be featured at the Penny Arcade Expo this weekend. The game continues the epic saga of Tycho Brahe and Jonathan Gabriel in New Arcadia circa 1922 and will release for Mac, Windows PC, the Xbox Live Indie Games channel, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android in the coming months. Penny Arcade will develop the third episode, and an upcoming fourth episode, with Zeboyd Games. The first two episodes were developed in partnership with Hothead Games.

"Zeboyd has essentially mastered the Throwback RPG as an art form," said Holkins. "This isn't their first time to the rodeo. They are true rodeo enthusiasts. I forget what we were talking about."

Zeboyd’s Robert Boyd adds, “With Penny Arcade’s On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3, we’ve taken elements from various classic RPGs and fused them with our own ideas of how a fast-paced turn-based RPG should play. Working with Penny Arcade and in the unique world of New Arcadia has been great and we hope everyone enjoys the game!”

The new game continues the chronicles of Tycho Brahe, scholar of Apocalyptic Studies turned detective, and his volatile, probably entirely human partner Jonathan Gabriel. As the spectre of unspeakable evil threatens New Arcadia – and the world as we know it – the Startling Developments Detective Agency must unravel the mystery and find a way to triumph! With a cunning evil Doctor, a series of Unexplainable Thefts, a Mysterious Book of Power and Enigmatic Supernatural Forces, the ever escalating perils on the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness challenge our heroes to their very core!

Zeboyd Games, the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII, are developing the new game with Penny Arcade. As with previous Rain-Slick Precipice games, the genre for the new installment will be RPG, bringing Zeboyd’s approach to the mix. Zeboyd’s stylized pixel-visuals and inspirations from all-time classic RPGs have come to define their games. The skewed sense of humor of Zeboyd’s games is also a strong fit with Penny Arcade's sensibilities. The new Rain-Slick Precipice game will build from the visual style established by Penny Arcade’s Mike Krahulik, and Jerry Holkins is working closely with Zeboyd’s Robert Boyd and Bill Stiernberg on the story and script.
Additional information on timing and pricing will be released in the near future.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Steam Name:Jeyl
  • Steam ID:jeyl1984

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

I heard that the character you created in Parts 1 and 2 won't even be a factor in this game. Disappointing.
Processor: 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 14 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#3 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

The head-humping robots was too perverted for me to invest in the first one... pooh
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15717 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

And I found a lawn rake did not suit my fighting style.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat