6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

GameInformer has reported that Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two will be making its way to Macs as well as to Windows PCs and consoles. The platformer sequel will give players the chance to play as Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in an all new adventure focusing on co-op play.

In Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, gamers will play as Mickey Mouse and for the first time ever, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney’s first cartoon star, in an all-new adventure of creativity and discovery. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is created by industry luminary Warren Spector and Disney Interactive’s Junction Point game development studio,

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two returns Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions. But for the first time, Mickey and Oswald will join forces as true partners—Mickey with his magical paintbrush that wields paint and thinner, and Oswald with his powerful remote control that allows him to command electricity. This new co-op play combined with enhanced in-game physics will further enhance the idea that “PlayStyle Matters”—a unique approach to gameplay, pioneered by Spector, where players dynamically tackle different challenges in order to explore all possibilities and storylines, but with consequences for their chosen actions.
For more information follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3966 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Interesting. Hopefully it won't have the shortcommings of the first one. It had so much potential, and fell so flat..
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

IMO the biggest shortcoming had to do with the terrible controls. More specifically the way the camera worked. The Wii remote controlled a cursor like you have on your desktop and the d-pad on the wii remote slowly and imprecisely controlled the camera. Not having control over the camera didn't matter in Mario Galaxy as they had a real good auto camera when you move your character around but not so in Epic Mickey. However Epic Mickey 2 is also coming out for the other two gameboxes so it'll probably have better gamepad controls. What's up in the air is what kind of keyboard and mouse controls it'll have.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#4 andrewlennox

andrewlennox

Fan

• IMG Writers
  • 47 posts
  • Steam Name:lenntheox

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yesssssss, I've always wanted to play Epic Mickey but never wanted to get a Wii.

Thank you Disney for coming to your senses and release on more then one pathetic platform :)
Andrew Lennox
Writer, Inside Mac Games
http://andrewlennox.tumblr.com/

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I used to watch Oswald the Rabbit cartoons on TV when I was a kid.  During that time TV showed all the old movie theatre cartoons.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

We had a 16mm projector, too... :nods:
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Wow.  We had Super 8, and then it was only friend's movies on their projectors.  What we had was a Kodak Brownie camera, you couldn't ask for a squarer 3x3 black and white picture.  Color came out when I was in high school but it was pretty expensive.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat