7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8346 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

Indie developer Jasper Byrne recently announced the release of Lone Survivor. Described as a "psychologial survival adventure game" the title challenges players to escape a disease ravaged city, either through stealth or through violent confrontation. Lone Survivor offers six to eight hours of adventure and two unique ways to play.

The masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means. Starving and exhausted, he has begun to question how much of what he sees is even real.

A new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness…

The full game is around 6-8 hours long, with two entirely different ways to play through it.
Lone Survivor is available now either in the form of the Standard Edition ($10) which includes the game and free updates for life, or the First Aid Edition ($50) which includes the game, free updates, the LS3D beta, a signed limited edition art print, and the Lone Survivor soundtrack,

Check out the website below to view a game trailer and try the demo.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

I tried the demo for a little while... really, really cool.
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

The same, I stumbled across this on RPS which led me to the site. Didn't know there was a mac version until I went there, so I sent it in to the news after trying the demo :P

Really really cool as Umar said, and fun. People need to be checking this out and buying it :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Looks pretty sweet. I think I will give this one a whirl.

#5 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Just bought this. Had the black screen issue, but the email you get after you buy provides you with an alternate download link in case it happens. Apparently its a bug the dev is working on to fix soon.

Haven't gotten past where I got in the demo yet, but I just wanted to reiterate how cool this game is. I plan on submitting my Dungeon Defender and DXHR reviews soon, and I want to review this next for sure. This guy does amazing work and gamers should be getting it :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#6 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm apparently having the black screen issue, too... I thank God I remembered your post and came back here...
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#7 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Are you guys using Lion? I didn't seem to get the black screen issue here in Snow Leopard.

#8 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'm using Lion.

The developer calls it a "a rare bug" but I saw quite a few people commenting on his website about it, so maybe its Lion specific.