• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hardcore Tactical Shooter is another Kickstarter project that promises to offer a new hardcore tactical shooter to fans of games like Rainbow Six. It sounds interesting, but perhaps the best part is that those who contribute $10,000 or more will receive a custom Beretta 92FS 9mm with laser-engraved aluminum grips with the logo of the game on them! For those who find that price too high, perhaps the $5,000 reward of going on a "shooting trip with dev team members for an afternoon, shooting a range of different guns, including full-auto fun" would be more to their liking. I'm willing to bet not many Kickstarter projects offer these kinds of rewards! :lol:

For years, fans of tactical shooters have been crying out for someone to make a quality, hardcore, CQB tactical shooter, the spiritual successors to the original Rainbow Six and the SWAT series of games.  But in contrast to these requests, game publishers eschew realism and tactics in exchange for ease of use and “cinematic” flavor. This campaign aims to see if my theory that real tactical shooters aren’t dead, and that enough people want one to justify the cost of development.

We have assembled a small team, all with years of video game industry experience and a specialty in shooters. We are focusing our initial development on a hardcore CQB tactical shooter.

This game will get back to the core of what is loved about the tac-shooter, featuring realistic weapon modeling, outfitting and commanding your squad, objective-based, non-linear missions set in real-world locations around the world, single player, co-op, and multiplayer.
As for a Mac version:

Will there be a Mac version? How about Linux?
Mac and Linux are TBD based on demand.  If you are interested, let us know!

#2 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Looks like they are 33k short with 8 hours left. Not sure why they made this kickstarter so short time wise. They started after a few other notable one's ongoing right now, and they still have weeks left. Kind of silly. The game does look pretty cool, and the revamped description and video is pretty neat. I'm not pledging because 33k isn't going to happen in 8 hours. If they relaunch it I'll pledge then.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Well god damn, not only did they hit 200k, they hit 215k. That's 63,000 in less than 8 hours. I'm impressed. I didn't end up contributing...I just backed Wasteland 2 & The Banner Saga and bought Lone Survivor so I think I'll have to wait before backing another project.

Also as an aside this relaunched as "Takedown" some days ago.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive