Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac OS X version announced!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

cut-n-paste from site...

Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac OS X version announced!

Do you feel the itch to experience modern combat on your Mac?  Battlefront.com is announcing "Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac edition"!
  Combat Mission: Shock Force is the critically acclaimed tactical  ground combat simulation of realistic modern 21st century warfare. Like  no other game before (or since), it allows you to simulate the full spectrum of modern ground warfare  in full 3D, in both real-time or turn-based play, solo or head-to-head  against internet, Email or LAN opponents. First released in 2007 for  Windows PCs, Combat Mission: Shock Force simulates a hypothetical  conventional ground campaign Syria between NATO and Syrian forces.

This brand new Mac OS X edition of CM:SF is fully compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6 and up) and Mac OS X Lion  (10.7 and up). It includes the original base game pitching US Army  forces (centered around a Stryker Brigade Combat Team) against Syrian  Regular Army, as well as ALL THREE ADD-ON MODULES: Marines, British Forces and NATO, adding even more hardware from Great Britain, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, US, and Syria.

Make no mistake, this is one HUGE bundle for as little as $45!   It containing hundreds (!) of scenarios and maps, hundreds (!) of  meticulously researched units and formations, almost a dozen full-blown  campaigns for several nations and much much more. Additionally,  countless scenarios and campaigns made by Windows gamers are seamlessly  compatible with the Mac version.  3am just-one-more-turn addiction  alert!! (you've been warned).

For more details about the amazing amount of stuff that the base game and modules offer, follow these links:

[ Link to base game overview ]

[ Link to Marines module overview ]

[ Link to British Forces module overview ]

[ Link to NATO module overview ]

"Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac Edition" will be available for  both download, mail delivery (disc and printed and digital game  manuals), and both (download AND mail), starting at $45 (plus S&H if  applicable) in 6-8 weeks. We will open pre-orders (for the mail&download option) in 1-2 weeks.

OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#2 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 15 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

cut-n-paste from site...
I was nearly going to say that looked like a shameless plug.

I have heard about Combat MIssions: Battle for Normandy. I have not played them, but it is suppsed to be great.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Interesting I guess? I've heard of them in passing on the PC but never bothered to look them up. Given the game's poor rating (critically at least) and looking at the site I'm not overly excited. Its also a 5 year old game, so that never helps. Company of Heroes is also 5 years old but still looks and plays great. I'm a bit skeptical about this one, would have to see a trailer or something.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive