3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8621 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

At a recent press event Electronic Arts and Maxis unveiled SimCity, a brand new entry in the city sim franchise, scheduled for release in 2013 for Windows PCs. EA also revealed that it is “going back to Maxis," which had been developing SimCity since its inception. The last version of SimCity was developed by Tilted Mill Entertainment and never made its way to Macs.

With the return of the original cast of video game designers EA promised many improvements and new features. Some of the upgrades include better graphics, more elaborate simulations and a multiplayer experience that allows players “...the power to change a world together.”

As noted on other sites, a since removed YouTube official trailer description stated “SimCity is a PC/MAC online city building simulation game from Maxis Studios," leading to much speculation about the possibility of a Mac version. With Maxis’ track record of Mac development it's quite possible gamers will see the return of SimCity to the Mac platform, although nothing official has yet been revealed. Speaking with Vox Games after the announcement, EA's representative said they are currently "focusing on the PC release at the moment and have nothing to announce regarding Mac OS.”

For more information about SimCity follow the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15931 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

This was one of the first published games I had on my Mac.  Even my wife had a few cities.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 andrewlennox

andrewlennox

Fan

• IMG Writers
  • 47 posts
  • Steam Name:lenntheox

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 08 March 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

This was one of the first published games I had on my Mac.  Even my wife had a few cities.

Awesome! I have to admit this is one of my all time favourite games :)
Andrew Lennox
Writer, Inside Mac Games
http://andrewlennox.tumblr.com/

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15931 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

The first version was pretty hard.  Eventually my cities would collapse into ruin for lack of funds.  I found that if I raised taxes sky high right before tax time, scooped in lots of money, then lowered it to almost nothing I could get by.  I got a map editor and made a city with lots and lots of waterfront property, and that helped some as those properties became wealthy.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat