Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Cracked the $1M mark!

I just want to know who the $10K+ donators are so I can ask them if they want to trade lives with me. :)

#22 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Damn, its at $1,035,002 already. 32 days left to go!

Lets hit that 1.5M mark people :D
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#23 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

22,800 BACKERS
$1,230,323 PLEDGED OF $900,000 GOAL

Woohoo!  :D

#24 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

YOU DID IT! We are funded and Wasteland 2 is a reality. A dream that began more than 20 years ago has actually come true. After years of attempting to get Wasteland 2 kicked off and countless pitch meetings to every major publisher out there, we had almost given up. Even six months ago we didn’t see any way that Wasteland 2 was ever going to happen. Then the world suddenly changed.

This is a paradigm shift that is way bigger than Wasteland 2. This is the beginning of a new era in gaming where the developer gets to work directly with the fans to build the type of product that the fans want. No focus groups, no pitches to the marketing team, no trying to get an executive committee to group-think their way to a project green-light. Now we just have a developer with a creative idea that resonates and a group of dedicated fans who are willing to lay down their money to buy it.

We knew we were taking a risk by asking for the most money anyone had ever asked for on Kickstarter, but we did it because every time we have interacted with the gaming community for the last decade they have asked about getting this sequel done. Even while we have been on press tours for other products, doing press interviews and presentations all over the planet, it always comes up. When are we getting Wasteland? Well, I finally have an answer for everyone. You all get a Wasteland Sequel in October of next year! Not only did we meet the highest funding goal ever on Kickstarter, we did it in 2 days! I know… we can’t believe it either.

So thank you all for making this happen, and please don’t stop spreading the word. If the entire community continues to help spread this through social media, there is no telling how much money we can raise. Every time you get someone else to participate, you are working to make the game bigger and better. We will be making some announcements very soon about what we will be adding to the development if we hit even higher levels.

#25 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

1.5M and we get a Mac version guaranteed. I love kickstarter :)

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

$ 60,000 and some to go and the Mac version is a done deal.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Brian Fargo just tweeted that the Mac and Linux versions are a done deal, even though the 1.5 mil milestone hasn't quite been reached (though it's darn close).  This is big.  Really big.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#28 Wobblefoot

Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postclocknova, on 22 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Brian Fargo just tweeted that the Mac and Linux versions are a done deal, even though the 1.5 mil milestone hasn't quite been reached (though it's darn close).  This is big.  Really big.

And... pledge placed.

Wasteland 2. Sequel to one of my all-time favorite games. Definitely on the Mac. I'll be in my bunk.

#29 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postclocknova, on 22 March 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

:D Booyah! That Special Edition will look good in my shelve.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#30 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Great news!

#31 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

$1.5 million is achieved! Thank you !! We will now make some Mac and Linux owners happy. Stay tuned for what happens at 2 mil...

Methinks they're hoping to get more money. :)

#32 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

inXile entertainment confirmed today that they have reached an agreement with award-winning RPG developer Obsidian Entertainment to collaborate on the game design and writing for their Wasteland 2 project if the funding level reaches $2,100,000. Obsidian’s Chief Creative Officer Chris Avellone will be working directly with the design team at inXile to help bring the world of Wasteland together. Avellone stated, "Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I've worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual successor to the Fallout franchise is a honor." Brian Fargo added, “I have a history with the guys at Obsidian that dates back to the days of Interplay’s Black Isle studios. Together we created some of the greatest RPG’s of all time, from Fallout 1 & 2 to titles like Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment. It is great that we now have a chance to reunite on a project like Wasteland 2.”

In addition to Chris Avellone's help, Obsidian will be lending the experience they have in the development of RPG games and tools to inXile. Fargo believes this collaboration will allow him to focus more energy on the game, “Obsidian has an incredible library of story, dialog and design tools that they have used to create hits like Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, and of course, Fallout: New Vegas. Regardless of the tech we use to develop the game, experience with these tools will help us efficiently design the game without wasting time and resources on the tools needed for development.”

The reaction to this will largely depend on how people feel about Obsidian's RPG efforts.

#33 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

"Obsidian is your go-to RPG developer if you want to develop a buggy sequel to someone else's property, based on past history."

Thought that was a funny quote from Twitter. And while I don't really believe in Obsidian as a whole, Chris Avellone seems legit. Still a lot of days to go and I imagine its going to reach its mark.
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#34 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Have to admit I stumped up for a big box version of this :) Never played the origial but I like what they're trying to do and am a fan of Fallout so ...

#35 Millen

Millen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I just pledged my self and now it's up to $2,232,923.... it's nuts :)

Can't wait to see what this will become!

#36 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yay! An (early) screenshot!

Posted Image

Giant Robot Scorpions!

#37 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nice image. I can't wait to see more.

Ha, and the Christmas lights are still up! Festive robot slaying.

#38 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Gameplay video!!!

#39 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Pretty good video. Happy with what I'm seeing so far. Makes me want to play fallout 1 & 2 again, but that's why I backed this project in the first place. I'm not a Wasteland 1 fan having never played it, but I know Wasteland inspired Fallout, etc, so yeah. Similar enough to get me very interested. Happy to see solid progress here.

#40 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

popsnizzle....i am  pumped....i going to go blow my moneys