#41 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostKilvain, on 16 March 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

We should turn this into a game. News of War: Spec Ops Edition. It will, of course, have to have a secret cat level in which players battle against hordes of Battle Cat clones. :)
Wait till they get a load of me...

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#42 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 17 March 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Wait till they get a load of me...

Posted Image

You have beady black eyes.

#43 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostDiablofett, on 17 March 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

You have beady black eyes.
All the better to plumb the blackness of your soul as I pull your spine out through your nose.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#44 Stevex

Stevex

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostWumpus, on 17 March 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

There was also some 3rd person stealth action game where you play a reporter and had to use your camera and mic here and there, but it ended up feeling like a Splinter Cell ripoff (without the guns) to me. Forgot the name of it, but it was on Mac some years ago.

Cold War?  You play a reporter framed for the attempted assassination of the Soviet premier.

#45 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Interesting GameSpy Article:

The Enhanced Editions, however, are being billed as "more than mere remakes." So -- beyond visuals that won't send modern gamers fleeing for their snazzy CryEngines that apparently run on electric power instead of hamsters -- what's new?

"We've been adding side stories, stories to tie things together, unfinished stories," Tofer said. "As far as new types of abilities, we have more announcements coming."

"Baldur's Gate 3 has been our long term goal. We have a lot of things to put in place before such a project can be launched. So currently there is no such project but that's the one we want to do. Our thoughts have been that Enhanced Edition for BG 1 and 2 just make sense before there's any Baldur's Gate 3."

"We're totally thinking Kickstarter. It just makes so much sense and solves so many problems. I think what Brian [Fargo] is doing with Wasteland is very interesting."
Everyone wants to jump on the Kickstarter bandwagon! I'm not sure what the plot of a Baldur's Gate 3 would be about. It seemed as if everything was wrapped up at the end of Throne of Bhaal. Perhaps you would play the child of the main character from the first games, or some such. Could be interesting!

#46 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

I can't wait! I'm always playing Baldur's Gate and would love to get the enhanced versions .. especially if they run on Mac (or Crossover) and don't break mod compatibility :)

#47 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

Another Twitter tidbit:

We've got five former Bio people working with us now. We'll likely be adding another two soon. Five worked on BG/BG2
Good news!

#48 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hm... former Bioware people doing their own thing with Banner Saga, former Bioware people working on the Baldur's Gate resurrection... are all those guys sick of what has become of their former employer that they all yearn to make something "good" again?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#49 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 21 March 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Hm... former Bioware people doing their own thing with Banner Saga, former Bioware people working on the Baldur's Gate resurrection... are all those guys sick of what has become of their former employer that they all yearn to make something "good" again?

I'd imagine so... since Bioware...

yeah.  

ME3.. so.... awful.

#50 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 17 March 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

All the better to plumb the blackness of your soul as I pull your spine out through your nose.

I'd like to see you try!  :P

I also have a necklace of anti-everything-negative-towards-me, and that includes soul plumbing and spinal removal.

#51 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

::Swallows the anti-everything-negative-towards-me necklace::  Well, it's either out your nose or the other end.  I'll just have to put latex gloves on is all.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#52 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 21 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

::Swallows the anti-everything-negative-towards-me necklace::  Well, it's either out your nose or the other end.  I'll just have to put latex gloves on is all.

Hah! You have swallowed my poisonous decoy necklace! My anti-everything-towards-me-necklace also prevents unauthorized removal of said necklace.

#53 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Your anti-everything-towards-me-necklace had a fatal flaw that allowed me to remove it with the pretense that I was preventing you from hanging yourself with it.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#54 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 22 March 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Your anti-everything-towards-me-necklace had a fatal flaw that allowed me to remove it with the pretense that I was preventing you from hanging yourself with it.

But in the end your main intention was still to steal the necklace from me, thus preventing you from removing it anyway.

#55 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Oh horrors no!  Stealing was never my intention!  I was trying to save your life!  It's no fun pulling someone's spine out their nose when they're dead.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#56 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 22 March 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Oh horrors no!  Stealing was never my intention!  I was trying to save your life!  It's no fun pulling someone's spine out their nose when they're dead.

Yes, but I do not want my spine to be pulled out, especially through my nose. So it seems we are at an impasse. You want to pull my spine out from my nose and I wear a necklace of anti-everything-negative-towards-me.

#57 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I hate to hijack this thread with off-topic news, but Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition has just been announced for iPad as well as Mac/PC.  Look for it in the App store sometime this Summer.  Cool.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#58 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Interesting: the link for the corresponding site says "Baldur's Gate for iPad 3". Retina display as requirement?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#59 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Minsc and Boo... and I... stand ready!

#60 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 22 March 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Interesting: the link for the corresponding site says "Baldur's Gate for iPad 3". Retina display as requirement?

That would make fairly little sense unless they are putting the min resolution for graphics at 1280x