127 replies to this topic

#121 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Just came here to post the same thing. I didn't see it earlier today.

#122 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well it seems they've had to pull the game from the app store and their own site, they made this announcement on their site:

Dear Friends of Baldur's Gate,

We recently removed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from sale on Beamdog and the Apple App Store. We've taken this step at our publishing partner's request as we attempt to resolve a number of contractual issues.

Unfortunately, until this matter is resolved, we are unable to release the latest Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition patch or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android.

This also prevents the launch of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

I sincerely apologize to the series' fans and promise we are working diligently to remedy the situation.

Regards,
Trent Oster
President, Beamdog & Overhaul Games

I'm glad I bought it when I did. This is really quite sad. Hopefully they'll get things resolved.

#123 WarpMooN

WarpMooN

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

BG2: Enhanced Edition was announced yesterday:
http://forum.baldurs...n-november-15th

#124 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Uuuhh... Excellent!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#125 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

That is great news. Maybe it was my computer or some bugs in the software back in the day, but I got into BG2 more than BG1.

#126 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

As I play through BG1:EE, I keep thinking, "This story (while still pretty good) gets so much better in BG2."  I think that's the answer.

#127 Gliniolu

Gliniolu

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

The reverse for me, I played BG1 first, did you too? I know many less old players played BG2 first or put too much importance in stuff like bigger screen, faster walk. I tend quote that players prefer the first they played but yeah it's not true for all.

What's wrong from me in BG2 writting is the totally absurd plot to get constantly manipulated and spared. No matter it get explained at the end (I don't remember well) during all the game it's just totally weird. The second point is I disliked a lot the evolution of companions in BG2. No matter they get more dialogs and stuff they end all be a lot less attaching and too different from first game. Imoen is from far the story killer main element, hated her constant whining despite there's explanation and in 1 despite this character was a quick last thow in by designers/developers, it's for me in BG1 one of the most attaching companion ever, and close to be the most irritating companion in BG2.

Another major element in BG1 is it setup a world with a lot more freedom and adventure mood.

EDIT: I realize there isn't a single companion I found attaching in BG2, I think none, even the hamster fan, perhaps only the girl you met soon. It didn't help me enjoyed the game in that condition.

#128 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostWarpMooN, on 31 August 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

BG2: Enhanced Edition was announced yesterday:
http://forum.baldurs...n-november-15th
And I just got an email saying it's out!  For PC and Mac.  Still Nov. 14 where I live, so it's a day early. :) Good on ya, Beamdog.