#21 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3047 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Server is down, they are updating with five minutes to go!
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#22 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2009 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Countdown is at 0:00, and... nothing.

Overhaulgames.com links to the countdown page. Based on that, it appears the announcement is/will be "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", whatever that is.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#23 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...es-this-summer/

#24 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3047 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

"Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements."

Awesomeness!

Edit:
"Beamdog reps tell us that the team at Overhaul is adding "new, original content" to the original game to make up the Enhanced Edition. "This is the Enhanced Edition, it's not a repackage. We have the original source code and are doing a significant update." He also confirms that no platforms have been announced just yet."

Interesting... Could someone from IMG get hold of them and ask if they plan a Mac edition?
"They're everywhere!"

#25 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 15 March 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Interesting... Could someone from IMG get hold of them and ask if they plan a Mac edition?

I'll give it a shot

#26 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

The games are Gold in Crossover, so I wont be terribly dissapointed if we don't get a mac version. However, on twitter someone asked, and the devs replied, "As for other platforms, tune is same time next week hopefully with 100% less explosions." So I'm cautiously optimistic.

#27 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3047 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostKilvain, on 15 March 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I'll give it a shot
I wuv u!

View PostCougar, on 15 March 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

The games are Gold in Crossover
Indeed, but they can't handle 27" iMac's for some reason. Game starts fine, but depending on the resolution, you get parts of the game cropped making it unplayable.
"They're everywhere!"

#28 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I wouldn't mind an iOS version.

View PostCougar, on 15 March 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

The games are Gold in Crossover, so I wont be terribly dissapointed if we don't get a mac version. However, on twitter someone asked, and the devs replied, "As for other platforms, tune is same time next week hopefully with 100% less explosions." So I'm cautiously optimistic.

The old one working most likely has little to do with the new one working.

#29 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostHansi, on 15 March 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind an iOS version.

The old one working most likely has little to do with the new one working.

Indeed it might not work, but they're still using the BG2 infinity engine for these editions, so I'd be surprised if they don't.

#30 Wobblefoot

Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Since WotC took over the D&D franchise from TSR, have there been many licensed games for Mac? I guess NWN and NWN2, but I can't remember if those were under Wizards' pervue or not.

The reason I ask is because it doesn't seem like they take Mac OS releases into serious consideration for their digital products. No Magic: TG based games are available for Mac, to my knowledge, and I know they don't have any current plans to port them over.

I just hope this doesn't carry over to the BG games. I haven't had the chance to play them, and I'd love the experience!

#31 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Here are a few interesting quotes from Trent Oster's twitter feed:

Current plans are for digital only.

we are trying hard not to break mods.

100% chance of new voice actors for new characters. We are not removing any content, just not going to 100% VO for new characters.

We haven't changed the save game formats yet. Hopefully nothing comes up that forces that on us

#bgee is 2nd Edition D&D. Our first rule is don't break the fun. Part of the appeal of BG was the depth of the rules system

We're going to fix the broken bits.

We're using the latest code from BGII Thronw of Bhall as our base, so everything in BG II and ToB will be there + what we add

We're going to stay with the BG model of only voicing some of the content. We feel it allows for more in-depth writing.

If by today's graphics standards you mean lots of 3D rendering, no. We're 2D isometric all the way

We want #BG3 as well. #bgee is a part of the master plan.

We're very interested in supporting the modding community and hopefully kicking off even more mods on.

There will be two games. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition #bgee=BG+TotSC, bg2ee=bg2+ToB

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members

#32 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thain Esh Kelch said:

Straight from the Beamdog's mouth:

I can't comment on a possible Mac release other than to stay tuned in the next few weeks for an announcement that may or may not be relevant to your interests.

A standard non-answer answer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, unless I can convince Wumpus and his special ops podcast team to infiltrate the Beamdog installation and acquire more information by any means necessary.  ;)

#33 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostKilvain, on 15 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Straight from the Beamdog's mouth:

A standard non-answer answer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, unless I can convince Wumpus and his special ops podcast team to infiltrate the Beamdog installation and acquire more information by any means necessary.  ;)

I'd take it as a "question of funding" answer. Maybe iOS then maybe MacOS.

#34 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I also recall reading a Twitter post that mentioned that they got a new iMac in their office, and asking what that could be for?  That likely means either a Mac version or an iOS version, or both.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#35 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3047 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'll sponsor the sniper rifles!

View PostKilvain, on 15 March 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Here are a few interesting quotes from Trent Oster's twitter feed:
This sounds like everything I want... :D

It does sound like they are changing some story to fit with a BG3.. Hmmm
"They're everywhere!"

#36 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, unless I can convince Wumpus and his special ops podcast team to infiltrate the Beamdog installation and acquire more information by any means necessary.  ;)
I'm on it ;)

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 March 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

I'll sponsor the sniper rifles!
:D
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#37 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

We should turn this into a game. News of War: Spec Ops Edition. It will, of course, have to have a secret cat level in which players battle against hordes of Battle Cat clones. :)

#38 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostKilvain, on 16 March 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

We should turn this into a game. News of War: Spec Ops Edition. It will, of course, have to have a secret cat level in which players battle against hordes of Battle Cat clones. :)
All joking aside, that actually sounds like a fairly interesting game concept. A news reporter covering a war and your only items/gadgets are your cameras, microphones, etc. But you could totally have infiltration missions where you get into somewhere and then take sneaky photos or pretend your meant to be there and interview someone.

Beamdog Installation is the first mission! :D
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#39 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostWumpus, on 17 March 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

All joking aside, that actually sounds like a fairly interesting game concept. A news reporter covering a war and your only items/gadgets are your cameras, microphones, etc. But you could totally have infiltration missions where you get into somewhere and then take sneaky photos or pretend your meant to be there and interview someone.

Kind of reminds me of the premise for the game "Beyond Good & Evil."  Sort of.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#40 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

View Postclocknova, on 17 March 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

Kind of reminds me of the premise for the game "Beyond Good & Evil."  Sort of.
There was also some 3rd person stealth action game where you play a reporter and had to use your camera and mic here and there, but it ended up feeling like a Splinter Cell ripoff (without the guns) to me. Forgot the name of it, but it was on Mac some years ago.

I know there have been some reporter protagonists, but its not that common. And as far as I know interviewing/recording isn't a gameplay feature. I'm thinking something along the lines of L.A. Noire's interview/suspect system but slightly different.