3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Vivec Entertainment has revealed a trailer for Shadow of a Soul: Chapter I. The first-person survival horror game promises to "immerse the player in a story rich in riddles, enigmas and terrifying horrors." The game is the first in a planned trilogy which will feature a traditional adventure game experience requiring players to solve puzzles, search for clues, and uncover mysteries while hiding from various ghostly manifestations.

Chapter I's story revolves around a thief named Jack who is on an industrial espionage mission to steal the blueprints of a new product. However, as he makes his way into the office complex, he discovers that there's much more to this place than meets the eye. As unnatural sounds and horrifying visions begins to unravel before his eyes, Jack begins to have the unnerving feeling that he has become the target of a malignant presence and he isn't allowed to leave ... just yet. Jack's terrifying journey will lead him to several mysterious encounters that will leave their marks on his mind as well as his flesh.

"For me, Shadow of a Soul is all about creating the creepiest, and most shocking, gaming experience. The goal of Chapter 1 is to dig the foundations for the following two chapters while telling a satisfying story in its own right. I've been blogging every day about the development of the game and I'll continue to do so until the release date. I invite everyone to check out the company blog to find out how the development is going, and everyone's more than welcome to contribute their 2 cents," says Ferzan Kanat Aygen, CEO of Vivec Entertainment.
Shadow of a Soul: Chapter I is planned for a Halloween 2012 release. Head over to the links below to view the trailer and check out the development blog.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 JCdragon

JCdragon

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Steam Name:jcdragon

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Whats the requirements for the Mac version?

#3 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

From the Vivec Blog

Feb 11:
I did some research on Macs today. Iím working on PC but the codebase is cross platform. I checked Steamís hardware survey to see the current systemís specs and trends. Most Mac owners are using 1280◊800 resolution and they play games on their laptops. Dual screen setups with 3800 pixel wide resolution are also fairly common.
The current amount of graphic card RAM had me worried a little bit. Itís 256MB for 50% of the people if I remember correctly. There is an upward trend but not enough to make different arrangements for optimizations. So far it seems Iím going to optimize the game to fit on 256MB graphic cards. As I said in a previous interview, Iím not making Crysis, but still Iím using big textures which may cause problems on systems with 256MB RAM. Iím going to keep that in mind when I start benchmarking the game on the new Mac that Iím going to get soon.

#4 JCdragon

JCdragon

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Steam Name:jcdragon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

sounds good.  Thanks