3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8116 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

In a YouTube update Double Fine's Tim Schaefer revealed that the company's next point and click adventure title will be available for Mac, Linux, and Windows PCs. The game is described as a "classic point-and-click adventure" and is currently in development as a Kickstarter project, with more details to be released in the coming months.

Over a six-to-eight month period, a small team under Tim Schafer's supervision will develop Double Fine's next game, a classic point-and-click adventure. Where it goes from there will unfold in real time for all the backers to see.

Player Productions will be documenting the creative process and releasing monthly video updates exclusively to the Kickstarter backers. This documentary series will strive to make the viewer as much a part of the process as possible by showing a game grow from start to finish, with all the passion, humor, and heartbreak that happens along the way. Double Fine is committed to total transparency with this project, ensuring it is one of the most honest depictions of game development ever conceived.

There will be a private online community set up for the backers to discuss the project with the devs and submit their thoughts and feelings about the game's content and direction, sometimes even voting on decisions when the dev team can't decide. Backers will also have access to help test the game once a beta is available. Once the game is finished, backers will receive the completed version in the available format of their choice.

For fans of adventure games, this is a chance to prove that there is still a large demand out there for a unique medium that inspired so many of us.
Check out the video and link below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7009 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Tim Schaefer! Ron Gilbert! Point and Click adventure goodness! For Mac! Everybody wins!! :w00t:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1429 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Huge fan of the old Lucas Art adventure games like Full Throttle. Tim Schaefer is awesome.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 1973 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Their Kickstarter did incredibly well, as I'm sure most people have heard. With the buzz of Kickstarter combined with a call to arms for adventure games, they knocked it out of the park.

It does make me chuckle though- I think it wouldn't have done nearly so well if they had simply offered up the game as a preorder. "Preorder this adventure game based on no information whatsoever other than the names of two of the designers."
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.