#1 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

See here.

Good to see the wait will be very minimal this time around. The wait for beyond the sword was awful.

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7145 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

I hardly had dared to hope for a true expansion for Civ V after all these piecemeal DLCs. Good to see that options like religion and espionage are coming back. And: Steampunk scenario. Yay!

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3383 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

I have to say, I'm surprisingly happy about 'Gods and Kings.' And, I'm excited about religion returning to the series. The new features are appealing to me. I'm looking forward to this.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Maybe someone could do a micro review of it, as soon as it is out. I've stayed away from V, due to all the lackluster reviews.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#5 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3383 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 18 February 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Maybe someone could do a micro review of it, as soon as it is out. I've stayed away from V, due to all the lackluster reviews.

I don't think it's "lackluster." Honestly, I feel it's every bit an equal to Civ4. The biggest beef has been 1UPT and AI strategic path-finding as a result; however, I recall SoD being fairly unpopular. I enjoy it, in spite of the graphics. ;)
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#6 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

One Jas Kao replied (on aforementioned site) to the possibility of SteamPlay support;

SteamPlay  will be supported. Though if you get it, make sure to buy and play it  on your Mac to support Aspyr so they can continue to bring you Mac  games!

How SteamPlay works is Aspyr doesn't really get compensated unless  you buy and play on a Mac so if you want to support Aspyr, hold out  until the expansion is launched on Mac.

Oh, and good news! Thanks for posting!
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB