dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I was prompted this week with firmware updates for my Airport Extreme and Express. The Airport Extreme update went smoothly, but the Express update kept having an error. I quit it for the time being, but I lost my extension for my wireless network. I tried again yesterday, but neither Mac would pick up the Express to run the update. I then connected the Express to my wife's iMac. Her machine saw the Express, but it kept saying it was up to date. However, when I disconnected it and returned it to it's wall outlet, no network extension. The light remained amber.

Any idea how I can get it's firmware updated? The side issue is my VoIP is now down, unless I move it downstairs. That would create more logistical issues with outlets, etc.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#2 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3684 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postdojoboy, on 16 February 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

I was prompted this week with firmware updates for my Airport Extreme and Express. The Airport Extreme update went smoothly, but the Express update kept having an error. I quit it for the time being, but I lost my extension for my wireless network. I tried again yesterday, but neither Mac would pick up the Express to run the update. I then connected the Express to my wife's iMac. Her machine saw the Express, but it kept saying it was up to date. However, when I disconnected it and returned it to it's wall outlet, no network extension. The light remained amber.

Any idea how I can get it's firmware updated? The side issue is my VoIP is now down, unless I move it downstairs. That would create more logistical issues with outlets, etc.

Reset it? Maybe it needs it's settings and everything wiped. …to factory settings, that is.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State