Jump to content


IMG Interviews Aspyr's Elizabeth Howard About Rage


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

    Pimpbot 4000

  • IMG Writers
  • 8555 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Inside Mac Games has posted a new interview with Aspyr Media's Elizabeth Howard about the company's release of Rage: Campaign Edition for Mac. The interview includes information about how long the company has been working on the project, what is different about the Mac version, and what gamers can expect from Aspyr in 2012.

JC: What is special or different about the Mac version of Rage?

EW: RAGE: Campaign Edition includes the fully-featured single-player campaign of Rage and comes complete with a host of bonus content, including the Wasteland Sewer Missions and the special equipment previously exclusive to the Anarchy Edition. In the Wasteland Sewer Missions, players will get the opportunity to explore the labyrinth of sewers that span the Wasteland in an effort to discover tons of great loot, all while defending themselves against scores of angry mutants. Luckily, they'll receive some aid from the Anarchy Edition bonus equipment which includes the iconic double barrel shotgun, the Rat Rod buggy, the Fists of Rage melee upgrade, and Crimson Elite armor.
Read the full review at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News


#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7207 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Quote

EW: To be concise, lots of awesome games :D  But honestly… in our 15+ years of bringing AAA titles to the Mac platform, 2012 is shaping up to be the most exciting.  This year, Aspyr will bring some of the absolute biggest names in gaming to the Mac, along with fan favorites that have been on the wish list for some time.
Looks as if Aspyr is back in the saddle. I wonder what they have in store. "The absolute biggest names" sounds promising, even if I suspect that might include CoD (which is a thoroughly overrated series in my opinion).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

    MacGameCast Host

  • IMG Writers
  • 1436 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus
  • Location:Indieland: Bastion & Lone Survivor.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

I would in fact be surprised if one of their games in 2012 wasn't a CoD game. As overrated as they may or may not be they are popular. Personally I wouldn't mind a newer one on the Mac. I am very curious as to what they have in store though.

I just want Mass Effect and Skyrim :P
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 15803 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 02 February 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

...even if I suspect that might include CoD (which is a thoroughly overrated series in my opinion).
You just don't like shooting Germans.  I love shooting Germans.  I've been playing through my CoDs lately and have been literally having a blast.  I've even started playing the United Offensive expansion again which I rage quit long ago because of the awful beginning.  Now I'm past the crappy beginning and playing a new game of CoD ... what fun!  Wish I could shoot Italians too.  Would love to play the Italian campaign, as well as the Pacific island hopping campaign.  Somehow the Germans take the brunt of the beat downs in CoD 1 and 2.  In the interests of full disclosure I'm quarter German and I've often wondered if some Jerry rotter I've just shot is a relation who owes me money.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7207 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 02 February 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

You just don't like shooting Germans.
Actually, I think the first two CoDs were you really shoot Germans were the better ones. You don't even shoot Germans anymore in the latest CoDs.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#6 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

    Positronic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostWumpus, on 02 February 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

I just want Mass Effect and Skyrim :P
I continue to hope for a port of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2, which uses the Mass Effect 3 engine, which sets the stage nicely for Mass Effect 3 itself. Given the comment about Aspyr's ability to ship simultaneously with PC versions, maybe they are hinting that they do indeed have a simultaneous launch planned? Perhaps Mass Effect 3?

That RAGE came to Mac through Aspyr puts to rest worries that id's takeover by Bethesda, meant a sole reliance on Bethesda to publish their titles which wouldn't have been good for Mac given Bethesda's traditional lack of support. Perhaps this means Bethesda too is open to having their titles ported and published by third-parties so perhaps Skyrim is possible.

Now if Aspyr managed to get GTA V for simultaneous release, that would be a license to print money.

#7 nagromme

nagromme

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1951 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

My boring vote is for Quake Wars in the Mac App Store (multiplayer-compatible with the PC/Mac DVD release of course). My favorite game could really do without the disc-based protection!

#8 Cougar

Cougar

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Quote

Aspyr GameAgent Store which we think will have Mac gamers of all types very excited.

Hopefully that means they'll kill the atrocious DRM. They should get rid of the store entirely; what's the point when you have the MAS and Steam?

#9 Frost

Frost

    PowerPC Inside

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Location:Republic of Texas
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 02 February 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

You just don't like shooting Germans.  I love shooting Germans.  I've been playing through my CoDs lately and have been literally having a blast.  I've even started playing the United Offensive expansion again which I rage quit long ago because of the awful beginning.  Now I'm past the crappy beginning and playing a new game of CoD ... what fun!  Wish I could shoot Italians too.  Would love to play the Italian campaign, as well as the Pacific island hopping campaign.  Somehow the Germans take the brunt of the beat downs in CoD 1 and 2.  In the interests of full disclosure I'm quarter German and I've often wondered if some Jerry rotter I've just shot is a relation who owes me money.
The latest CoDs have nothing in common with the games you're playing except the name, sadly.

The last CoD that was worth buying was COD5: World at War. Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, and Modern Warfare 3 may have big markets, but they're popular for the same kind of reason that Twilight popsnizzle is more popular than a good WWII action-drama.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 15803 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I have CoD 4, and I have to admit I really really missed killing Germans.  But killing Rooskies is OK too, just not the same meaty goodness.  What I really want now is to kill Japanese and Italians.  It's like the 4 food groups only there are 3 of them and they are all meat and they aren't food and you don't eat them.  That much.  The odd thing is that I love traditional German culture.  It's just that I want to shoot them for Octoberfest with yodeling and polka music playing in the background.  Ah well.  Maybe the game biz will revisit WWII.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

    NSFW o_O

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2221 posts
  • Location:pingas

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 February 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

But killing Rooskies is OK too, just not the same meaty goodness.  What I really want now is to kill Japanese and Italians.  It's like the 4 food groups only there are 3 of them and they are all meat and they aren't food and you don't eat them.  That much.  The odd thing is that I love traditional German culture.  It's just that I want to shoot them for Octoberfest with yodeling and polka music playing in the background.

Why not get 3 people from the unity3d community to make a small game like that? Imagine 3 levels, and downloadble map packs. With unity3d having fps assets, and visual scripting. Could make for a good ipad app or even make money off of it. "tBC going postal on Octoberfest"
What is a man?

#12 Frost

Frost

    PowerPC Inside

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Location:Republic of Texas
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 February 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

I have CoD 4, and I have to admit I really really missed killing Germans.  But killing Rooskies is OK too, just not the same meaty goodness.  What I really want now is to kill Japanese and Italians.  It's like the 4 food groups only there are 3 of them and they are all meat and they aren't food and you don't eat them.  That much.  The odd thing is that I love traditional German culture.  It's just that I want to shoot them for Octoberfest with yodeling and polka music playing in the background.  Ah well.  Maybe the game biz will revisit WWII.
I don't remember if COD5: World at War made it to the Mac or not, but if it did, grab that. They went back to WWII and half the game is German sausage as a Russian, the other half is Japanese sushi as an American Marine.

Unfortunately while the American section was all-new and incredible, the Russian section was almost a literal blow-for-blow retread of the Enemy at the Gates-inspired Russian campaign in COD 1 instead of something new, which was a shame.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 15803 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostIchigo27, on 03 February 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Why not get 3 people from the unity3d community to make a small game like that? Imagine 3 levels, and downloadble map packs. With unity3d having fps assets, and visual scripting. Could make for a good ipad app or even make money off of it. "tBC going postal on Octoberfest"
Eric is the only guy I know who does Unity FPS and he still hates me from that whole... "that's my sister" debacle.

View PostFrost, on 04 February 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I don't remember if COD5: World at War made it to the Mac or not, but if it did, grab that. They went back to WWII and half the game is German sausage as a Russian, the other half is Japanese sushi as an American Marine.

Unfortunately while the American section was all-new and incredible, the Russian section was almost a literal blow-for-blow retread of the Enemy at the Gates-inspired Russian campaign in COD 1 instead of something new, which was a shame.
I found some CoD5 Transgaming hacks by some users jamming Windows CoD5 into a Transgaming body bag.  I'll wait until it gets a legit port even if it is still Transgaming.  Thanks for the heads up though, looking forward to island hopping with the USMC.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat