3 replies to this topic

#1 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Old news, but it appears that it's coming to steam, and works on windows XP. Pretty interesting if that means the only DRM is a Steam account as oppose to secureROM. Didn't fallout 3 and farcry 2 had a limit of 8 installs?

Still haven't upgraded to windows 7.
What is a man?

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

No install limit on Fallout 3 and you got install credits back from Farcry 2 by using their revoke tool.

I never understand why people worry about such things. It's always more than you need and if you are an compulsive uninstaller they will reset your limit if you ask.

Also seems like most old games with this have gotten patches to remove the limit.

I'm surprised by the XP compatibility but it's not that surprising if I think about the fact that this was originally being developed a while back with Windows in mind as well.

I might grab it in a Steam sale, I heard it's decent but just that, decent.

#3 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'm a massive Max Payne fan, this will be one of the first games i jump on when i upgrade

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#4 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

It was originally targeted to be a Windows VIsta exclusive on PC FYI. This was back when they made some other games Vista exlusive such as Halo 2 and Shadowrun and it was because that's what Microsoft wanted. Remedy is self publishing the title now so they aren't so much under their thumb so they can support XP if they wish.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7