#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Virtual Programming has released the Mac version of the third X3 game (so basically X3 III), called X3 Albion Prelude. Never noticed the Windows version of that game? Well, that's probably because the Windows version was released at the same time. :D

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Only $19.99. I'm surprised a brand new game would be so cheap. And still supports the X1600 too. So much for Cider or an in house Mac team being required for same day release. Clearly, with enough co-ordination, having a third-party do the Mac port and launching with the PC version is doable.

Prelude doesn't mean it's a smaller game (less content) does it?

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

View Postltcommander.data, on 16 December 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

Prelude doesn't mean it's a smaller game (less content) does it?
Doesn't seem so. I don't know how long the story is compared to the previous games, but otherwise the game is as big as X3 Terran Conflict – with even more different ship classes. The "Prelude" means that it's bridging from the current X3 series to the upcoming X Rebirth. It's the prelude to that.

EDIT: I noticed that the Windows version is apparently "just" an expansion for X3 Terran Conflict (that game is required). The Mac version is a standalone game.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"