#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

BOOM-SHAKALAKA!!!! $9.99
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#2 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Not surprisingly it is a port of the iOS version. Makes sense. Still, seeing EA on MAS was a bit unexpected.

As a side note, Trine 2 is also available on MAS now. On yet another note, Tremulous is being sold? How and why? It's still available for free from the official site. :blink:
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3311 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Well.. I haven't tried it yet but the screenshots look pretty much like the other versions such as the one on the Wii. The Wii version crashes Dolphin for me so it's nice to see a Mac native version released. I've been wanting to play an updated NBA Jam. It's practically the only sport related video game I like.

Someone on the reviews seems to indicate no controller support though. That's pretty much failure on their part if it doesn't. Although one could probably get joystick\gamepad support via keyboard emulation... although that's not ideal compared to native support.

They didn't bother to hide the non-functional onscreen iOS controls but otherwise seems to be the same game like on the console digital distribution stores. I say if you are going to port an iOS version of a game at least hide the iOS onscreen controls.... and allow one to use physical ones like gamepads in their place.. not just keyboard... especially for an arcade game like NBA Jam. If they had done that some people wouldn't have been the wiser since it's still pretty much the same game that was on the Wii\XBLA as far as I can tell.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#4 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

Just deleted it from my iPhone to free up some room so this was a welcome surprise for me.
Keeping the touch control icons on screen is little silly... aside from that I'm happy with it.
Actually it's really cool on a bigger screen & having it now play through my speaker system.