#1 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Anyone has some helpfull Idea of keeping crashing ever so often on Win7 x64?

For ME1 itīs vesion 1.0.2

I am really more than happy with the performance in general on my intel HD 3000.
Actually it runs really nice save the some Protection Faults in igdumd32.dll which does not exist, of course since itīs 64 bit.

It also depends on very specific spots mostly after cutscenes and before combat while transition between 2 room.

On ME 2 it just crashes to desktop after you selected your charakter. But I have not investigated further on that yet, since I am busy playing ME1 for now ;)

And just in case you ask: Dead Space 1 runs perfectly here.
So, if anyone has some helpful info, Iīd be grateful.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

- MacBook Pro 13" 2011 i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.x / W7 Pro x64
- iPad Air, 16Gb
- MacBook C2D, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.6.x / XP 32bit Home SP3
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3062 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

On ME 1 there was a horrible notorious crash when loading the galaxy map. I never had THAT bug, but throughout the game I had countless random crashes in the game at various times. I think its just a buggy game, no way around it.

On ME 2 I personally had maybe a meager few crashes overall through two full run throughs. So I cant really help on what the problem is on that one. I never heard of a known crashing issue after creating a character. Were you going with a standard character look? Or did you go into the 'customize' branch making your own character look how you wish.

One thing maybe, is that all my characters in ME2 were based from the export of my ME1 character, so maybe that circumvented a possible crashing bug at character selection. Dunno. Just tossing things out there.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Playing through ME1 & ME2 a few times both I recall little to no crashing on all accounts. I would not chalk them up to being buggy games because i'm pretty sure they are not. Sounds like more of an individual system problem. Or I just got lucky and it ran well for me.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Guys,

You already helped me a lot.
@Fridgeman:

I also never had the Galaxy Map Crash either.
And since youīre talking about it, yes did customize my characters. Maybe that could be a thing that causes issues.
I just tried it twice in ME before deciding to solve that after finishing ME1.

@Wumpus: Yes, I read about a lot of people running it fine on a the HD 3000. So I strongly assume this is something 'personal' :)

I also found crashes are much less likely when:
Open the Settings in ME1 Main Screen
Running the Launcher directly from itīs SteamApp Folder.
Running the laucher as Admin
Setting the -nod3d11 in the Icon. Donīt no about that one but -nod3d10 gives me a black screen, so it does something, I guess.

Sometimes I play for and hour or so without any crash and at certain places it goes haywire.

As I said up to now I had it several time that I was before beginning a fight, in one room, then drawing some weapon and entering the other room.
This has happen now with some consistency. So I rather avoid dong so now.

so far
Cheers :)

- MacBook Pro 13" 2011 i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.x / W7 Pro x64
- iPad Air, 16Gb
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB

#5 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Just want to let everyone know that with ME2 using the default character male or female worked for getting the game to run properly.
Nice performance with 1280x800.
Also making an Alias of the ME2.exe (NOT the launcher), running in XP SP3 Mode as Admin and putting the tag -nod3d10 in the properties make the game crash MUCH less when accessing the menu, which you still should avoid as possible, just in case. :)

also on the intel forums some stated that the 8.15.10.2361 driver work best with ME2. I cannot find them anymore on the net and am loot lazy to check if I still have them somewhere lying around. So,  I was using the latest 15.​22.​52.​2559 drivers, and it worked well enough.

I was able to played 3 hours in one go, then I accessed the menu....

with ME1 I was not so lucky. Itīs working much more stable at lower resolultion like 800x600, also I did the same tweaks as with ME2.
But NEVER access the Menu!

So far,
:D

- iPad Air, 16Gb
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB

#6 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED>

I reinstalled intel HD Graphics driver version 15.22.50.2509. Menus are perfect now!

- iPad Air, 16Gb
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB