45 replies to this topic

#1 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

I was flipping through MacLife magazine December 2011 issue and came across an advertisement for Bioshock 2 on the last page saying out now for mac. Obviously since I haven't even seen any official announcement here or on Feral's site I don't think the "out now" is really accurate. But something else to look forward to from Feral this winter. :D

#2 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostRGoulder, on 03 November 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

I was flipping through MacLife magazine December 2011 issue and came across an advertisement for Bioshock 2 on the last page saying out now for mac. Obviously since I haven't even seen any official announcement here or on Feral's site I don't think the "out now" is really accurate. But something else to look forward to from Feral this winter. :D

It's not December yet :)

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3311 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

That reminds me of the part in city slickers where they go:

Billy Crystal: Hey Curly.. kill anyone today?

Curly: "Day aint over yet!"

*rides off scared*
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15861 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

You're in the wrong timeline RGoulder.  Take Electric Sheep 2, and you should be OK.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Edwin, in the future foretold by this magical advertisement, does BioShock 2 for Mac come with the DLC that they finally released for PC?

#6 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 November 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

You're in the wrong timeline RGoulder.  Take Electric Sheep 2, and you should be OK.

Right, back into the tardis I go.

#7 Marathon4ever

Marathon4ever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Man, Xmas this year may be a Mac Gamer's dream come true!

#8 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Whhhhaaaaaa...... !!!!!??  :bleedingeyes:
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#9 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

I don't suppose this will be a Feral Legends title? The game is on sale for $5 on Steam all the time, so $30 would be an easier pill to swallow than $40 or $50.

#10 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

I see on Amazon's webpage in the US, that this game should come out on March 23rd. Is that still the case? I've been waiting eagerly for this to come out.  :)

#11 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

As far as I know that's not an official date from Feral. They haven't stated when it will ship because its being held up by some original publisher (2K) approval for an unknown amount of time.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#12 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Why isn't this game out yet...  :glare:

#13 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostHansi, on 16 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Why isn't this game out yet...  :glare:
Didn't I just say why? :P

It is odd though, Feral's done the game completely, in fact I submitted my review for the game a few weeks ago to IMG. Its just waiting until  its released. Its a great game that needs to be out in the hands of mac gamers.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#14 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostWumpus, on 16 March 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

It is odd though, Feral's done the game completely, in fact I submitted my review for the game a few weeks ago to IMG. Its just waiting until  its released. Its a great game that needs to be out in the hands of mac gamers.

Hehe, yeah. I just loaded the tab before you posted so it wasn't visible yet :P

#15 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostWumpus, on 16 March 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

I wonder if the release of the Darkness II has anything to do with it? Maybe they wanted to get the Darkness II out first since it's the lesser known franchise and the Mac version can benefit from close release proximity to the PC version. Bioshock II has a well enough established fan base and the PC version was released so long ago that a delayed launch at this point won't affect Mac sales. This prevents overlapping 2K games releases, especially because the games have some overlap in genre/audience, to prevent cannibalization.

#16 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Feral's not doing Bioshock 2 is it?

Do you mean in product cannibalization? Seems like a dump reason on their half if that's true, but then again that's publishers for you :/

#17 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 16 March 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I wonder if the release of the Darkness II has anything to do with it? Maybe they wanted to get the Darkness II out first since it's the lesser known franchise and the Mac version can benefit from close release proximity to the PC version. Bioshock II has a well enough established fan base and the PC version was released so long ago that a delayed launch at this point won't affect Mac sales. This prevents overlapping 2K games releases, especially because the games have some overlap in genre/audience, to prevent cannibalization.
A very interesting thought, and may very well be related. No real way of finding out though. But given BS2 has been done for weeks, if not well over a month its strange that 2K is holding it up for Mac release. It was done in February though (late Feb anyway) and Darkness 2 isn't even released yet. Still publishers/devs are weird.

View PostHansi, on 16 March 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Feral's not doing Bioshock 2 is it?

Do you mean in product cannibalization? Seems like a dumb reason on their half if that's true, but then again that's publishers for you :/
Feral is doing BioShock 2. Rather Feral has done BioShock 2 since the game is finished.

That line of thought makes some sense. The mac gamer market is much smaller than say the PC, and both games are shooters.(Mind you this staggered release schedule happens on PC as well so everything doesn't get jumbled in a same release date) Nevermind that they are significantly different games in terms of story, gameplay and presentation. I for one would buy both if I was into shooters. But I suppose it is a risk to release 2 AAA shooters for Mac in the same month since maybe some folks will buy one or the other. I know a few people who have bought/pre-ordered both games however.

#18 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Okay good to know. I know it's been delayed a few times since I reordered if from Feral and received an email from them a month or so ago to that effect. I imagine it will just show in the mail some day. That gives me time with Dragon Age: Origins. Game tree emailed me a please come back coupon that combined with the gradual price drop made it hard to resist.

#19 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

We have a release date for next Thursday the 29th. We also have a competition for a free copy on the FaceBook site if you are interested.

Edwin

#20 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 21 March 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

We have a release date for next Thursday the 29th. We also have a competition for a free copy on the FaceBook site if you are interested.

Edwin
Yay! :D
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.