#21 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 21 March 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

We have a release date for next Thursday the 29th. We also have a competition for a free copy on the FaceBook site if you are interested.

Edwin
Great news. I didn't see it answered in this thread, but just to confirm, multiplayer will be included, but the DLC won't be available at this time?

#22 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 21 March 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Great news. I didn't see it answered in this thread, but just to confirm, multiplayer will be included, but the DLC won't be available at this time?

You are correct the *definitely* Multiplayer mode is included, it has been very throughly tested for performance and stability. It will be Mac only as the PC version had no LAN mode and online was through Game For Windows LIVE! which is proprietary and encrypted!

DLC was not shipped with any PC or console version so the Mac version will follow suit. We don't have any official news on the DLC at this time but if/when we do I will shout long and loud.

I hope you enter a bit of art because I am really interested in what you guys can come up with :)

Edwin

#23 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1428 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Sidenote: The multiplayer in this is actually really fun. Just need more people to play with!

Now, everyone buy a copy of BS2 so I have lots of of people to shoot at :P
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#24 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1718 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ordered, it's good that the price is only around 20.

#25 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Downloading!

--Eric

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7007 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Feral's offering (at least some) customers who preordered the disc version an additional download, otherwise they'd had to wait at least another week to play the game. Nice touch.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Steam Name:Jeyl
  • Steam ID:jeyl1984

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Question. Anyone having trouble with textures loading in-game? The game takes an extremely long time to load them.
Processor: 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 14 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#28 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1428 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

No trouble here Jeyl, what are your comp specs? May just be a VRAM issue or what settings you have the graphics at.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#29 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostWumpus, on 04 April 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

No trouble here Jeyl, what are your comp specs? May just be a VRAM issue or what settings you have the graphics at.

Also in my sig.
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#30 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1428 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Didn't notice the signature. You're certainly above recommended, I had no trouble and your specs equal or outdo mine in some spots.  Sounds like you have a mac pro? What version of OSX do you have?

#31 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostJeyl, on 04 April 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Also in my sig.

Streaming textures will pop on with BS2 on all platforms but it should be fairly fluid. Any slowdown in the texture upload could be partially a driver issue on your NV card.

The next OS update should give you more performance but the best thing to do is contact support if you think you have a problem. In this case attaching a video would be handy so we can see exactly what you are seeing.

Edwin

#32 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostWumpus, on 04 April 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Didn't notice the signature. You're certainly above recommended, I had no trouble and your specs equal or outdo mine in some spots.  Sounds like you have a mac pro? What version of OSX do you have?
Indeed. MacPro tower and I'm running Mac OS X Version 10.7.3. Going to try running maintenance and finding any updates I can. If I can, I'll try to capture video... *shivers* I miss old iMovie.
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#33 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Ok. It seems there was an updated driver for the NVIDIA card, an update for NVIDIA CUDA. I ran repair disc permissions and gave the machine a nice clean "Restart...". Let's see how this goes. 1 moment.
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#34 Jeyl

Jeyl

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hmm. I still seem to be getting the same results.

Question to those who own BioShock 2. When you switch to your drill, how long does it take for the drill's texture to fully show? I counted a solid three seconds (one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand). The Big Daddies seem to have it the worst, taking a whole five seconds just to get out of it's non-textured look.

I'm going to see if I can get my QuickTime X recorder to capture these texture moments.
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#35 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3044 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I have the same problem with the big daddies as you do. Sometimes they don't even load until you engage them in combat. Don't have that kind of issue in Bioshock 1 although I mostly just blamed what was happening in 2 on my system specs although I don't have that happening with very many other games... not even RAGE.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#36 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7007 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostJeyl, on 05 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Question to those who own BioShock 2. When you switch to your drill, how long does it take for the drill's texture to fully show? I counted a solid three seconds (one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand). The Big Daddies seem to have it the worst, taking a whole five seconds just to get out of it's non-textured look.
All weapon textures appear pretty quickly for me (usually >1 second), but I'm also seeing the problem with the Big Daddies. The texture pop-in is also rather pronounced on doors and propaganda posters for me. In addition, I sometimes notice a kind of texture "pop-out": the texture loads completely, then vanishes again before it loads again. Happens especially for the posters.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#37 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I thought it was a nice touch too have the option to download the game while I wait for the physical copy. I actually opted to wait for the hard copy. Have so much going on that I will have to put the game off until at least the end of the month.

#38 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 06 April 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

All weapon textures appear pretty quickly for me (usually >1 second), but I'm also seeing the problem with the Big Daddies. The texture pop-in is also rather pronounced on doors and propaganda posters for me. In addition, I sometimes notice a kind of texture "pop-out": the texture loads completely, then vanishes again before it loads again. Happens especially for the posters.

The issue with the posters happens on my Windows test machine here so I know it is cross platform in nature. In fact on the Medium and Low settings the Mac version has better texture support, the PC on Medium or Low will only draw a maximum of I think 3 HD textures meaning you have to pretty much stand right next to a poster to get it to load in HD at all!

Edwin

#39 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'm having an issue with the textures being really low-res.  I saw that all the texture quality settings are set to low in the .ini file, so I tried changing them to high, but they're just reset back to low when I run the game.  Is this a 10.6.8 issue?  That's what I'm using; someone said it ran "fine" on 10.6.8 despite the 10.7 requirement.  If it's not a 10.6.8 issue, I think it really needs to be fixed.  If it is a 10.6.8 issue, then shame on whoever said it ran fine, since the textures are distractingly bad this way.  I found a screenshot of the PC version which clearly shows that they should be at least 4X higher-res than what I'm getting.

--Eric

#40 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 06 May 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'm having an issue with the textures being really low-res.  I saw that all the texture quality settings are set to low in the .ini file, so I tried changing them to high, but they're just reset back to low when I run the game.  Is this a 10.6.8 issue?  That's what I'm using; someone said it ran "fine" on 10.6.8 despite the 10.7 requirement.  If it's not a 10.6.8 issue, I think it really needs to be fixed.  If it is a 10.6.8 issue, then shame on whoever said it ran fine, since the textures are distractingly bad this way.  I found a screenshot of the PC version which clearly shows that they should be at least 4X higher-res than what I'm getting.

--Eric

AMD cards have a memory leak in the 10.6 drivers. If you are running an AMD card (5000 series are the worst) the game fill force the game to always use low quality textures as medium or high causes the game to crash after about 2 levels (due to the driver leak). We reported it to AMD and it was fixed in Lion in an OS update but as Snow Leopard is not being updated all we can do is disable the higher quality textures to avoid the crash.

This is also one of the reasons we did not support Snow Leopard, with driver bugs and missing features supporting Snow Leopard is a harder and harder task compared to Lion. The textures will work correctly on other graphics cards although some other features might be disabled, however the performance of the game should be fine, I have completed it on Snow Leopard many times.

Edwin