8 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Telltale Games has announced a November 15 release date for Jurassic Park: The Game. Based on the book and movie series, the five part episodic adventure title will drop players into the dangerous environs of Isla Nublar, where they will struggle to survive confrontations with dinosaurs as they seek a way to escape.

Jurassic Park: The Game begins where the Barbasol can left off: The dinosaur embryos that Dennis Nedry attempted to smuggle from the park in the faux Barbasol can remain missing. A mysterious rival corporation brings in Nima, a professional smuggler with intimate knowledge of the park’s island setting, to retrieve the embryos.

When InGen learns of staff stranded on the island after the park’s collapse, they hire a group of mercenaries to launch a rescue operation. The team arrives amidst the chaos of dinosaurs running rampant, and begins to round up survivors committed to protecting the dinosaurs they created. As this group grows, it soon becomes clear that individuals have competing agendas – and the conflict between the humans becomes as dangerous as the rampant dinosaur threats on the island. The group must ultimately survive confrontations with T-Rex, Velociraptors and other dinosaurs in spectacular showdowns as they look for a way out. Along the way, a new mysterious nocturnal dinosaur threat emerges, stalking the group as they work their way across the island in hopes of escape.

Features:
  • An episodic adventure in five parts
  • Set during the events of the first film.
  • Story unfolds through a Steven Spielberg-inspired cinematic adventure crafted to stir mystery and tension while building to exciting climactic peaks.
  • Survive confrontations with T-Rex, Velociraptors and other dinosaurs.
Requirements (subject to change):
  • Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
  • Hard Drive: 2 GB Space Free
    Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks
Jurassic Park: The Game is available to pre-order now for $29.95 (USD), 14% off the regular $34.95 price.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

It seems very interesting!
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13” Touch Bar 2017 i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Mantiz Venus eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
LG 34” 34UC88 Ultrawide Display
Steelseries Rival 700, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism

#3 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6180 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Big JP fan here... soon as I get my MBP I'll have to check these out.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#4 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

I hate to say it but their BTTF game ruined BTTF for me so I'm a little afraid their JP game could do the same thing to JP for me.  :bleedingeyes:
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 30 October 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

I hate to say it but their BTTF game ruined BTTF for me so I'm a little afraid their JP game could do the same thing to JP for me.  :bleedingeyes:

What didn't you like about it? I quite enjoyed it, especially the story--though it was on the easy side. Granted, I am not a big BTTF fan, so maybe they molested the canon in some way that I was not aware.

This game looks like a movie filled with quicktime events, though. Not that interested, but maybe it will be good.

#6 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 30 October 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

I liked the story in their BTTF game but the gameplay was just too easy.

-PN

27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.13.2
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#7 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Well considering the old BTTF games anything is easy :P

#8 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

What didn't I like about it? Well the production values fell quite short of the movies especially with all the jokey stuff in there which made it a lot more jokey than the movies. It felt a lot more like a kiddy animated series version of the story rather than the proper sequel it was purported to be. To me much like trixie's singing the game screamed mediocrity to me. I did like the little twists that lead up to the next episode. But the whole thing fell flat for me like a belly flop into a swimming pool.

I agree with what Rich Cobbett from PC Gamer had to say everything he mentioned as a downside is pretty much how I feel about the game.

Such as:

Most of the problems are down to one simple thing – it’s a cartoon. By that, I don’t mean it uses cartoon style graphics (although it does, and they’re far, far too shiny) but that it runs on cartoon logic and sensibilities. The films are practically a postcard from their main eras, not realistic, but still resonating. Hill Valley circa 1931 is just a soundstage, with no atmosphere, no life, and no sense of threat. The streets are empty, the background wasted on a handful of instantly forgotten jokes, not because Back to the Future is a laugh-a-minute comedy, but because it’s the default adventure writing style.

Read More Here...

And like I said earlier it actually made me look less favorably on the BTTF series in general. I mean it pretty much tainted my view on it.

There is also quite literally no replay value as once one has completed it if one plays it again they merely complete it much faster. There's nothing new to discover especially since many of the dialog tree options give you the same reaction either way... or get ignored and you get the same result either way. I'm someone who likes to replay their games over and over and Telltale's BTTF is one rare game where I felt like deleting it after completing it.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#9 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6180 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Well that's disappointing to hear... I'm a big BTTF fan and had considered getting those games multiple times. Glad I never did. :/

I did play the demo of episode 1 on the PS3 and was kind of put off by it. Guess that was representative of the final product after all.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.