#1 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

Now there's something I didn't expect to see. Farsight Studios, the creators of the near perfect Williams Collection on consoles are making a comeback with what seems to be now a download-only title, which will come to pretty much every platform, including OS X. While the teaser doesn't mention how many tables will come with the initial game it does sound like there are going to be plenty more available as DLC later on (while I typically don't care for any DLC, when it comes to pinball it makes perfect sense), including tables from the four big pinball companies of their time: Williams, Gottlieb, Bally, and Stern. Pinball lovers rejoice! :)

Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#2 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Didn't notice the previous video was taken down. I guess they've replaced it with this:

Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and Black Hole seem to be the initial batch of tables according to this trailer. Very much looking forward to it.

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3071 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

That actually looks okay...
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#4 Vallen

Vallen

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

THIS IS HUGE....This is so bought the moment it releases.  I love the fact that the game has Mac support out of the gate.  I am a huge fan of the PS3 Williams game they put out and it was the sole reason I didn't dump my ps3 after it died (opted to get the dvd drive fixed--crappy toy).  Having this on the mac is a dream.  To say I can't wait for this is an understatement.

#5 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Waow !   There is Theatre of Magic too. My favorite !
Will definetly check this game out

#6 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

It's now on the App Store so I bought it, and I have to say I am disappointed. It's really a small and cheap game. The options are bogus. You can't customize controls (playing with arrow keys won't give you millions). And for tilting you must use the mouse. So the controls are very annoying (I'd like < and - for the flippers and y and . for the tilt and spacebar for front tilt). That being said, for 10 $ the price is fair for 4 tables. But I doubt future tables with drastically change the game. It will stay a 10 bucks game imho.

#7 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

Will still beat playing it on my iPhone so I'll get it.

#8 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

now updated to 1.0.1

- still impossible to configure controls
- plunger with the mouse (hell why ? why not a steering wheel even ?)

I still say, using the arrows for pinball is silly. And the keys for tilting the developper added are US keyboard keys (totally useless with a non US-keyboard)
My suggestion:  the developer should have a quick look at what littlewingpinball does, for example Monster Fair, and see how the controls are implemented (imho the littlewing implementation is perfect)

Conclusion: to avoid all problems of key overrides or changing my system keyboard language, PLEASE MAKE ALL CONTROLS CUSTOMIZABLE ON ANY KEYBOARD AND NO MOUSE  !!

And then, we can enjoy and have positive nostalgia ..  and enjoy future DLC tables

#9 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Being able to now use the shift keys as flippers is a HUGE improvement since the arrow keys were just useless.
Have to agree it is strange that you still need to use the mouse to launch the ball... keep thinking down arrow should be able to do it.

#10 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostCobra, on 17 April 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Have to agree it is strange that you still need to use the mouse to launch the ball... keep thinking down arrow should be able to do it.
Down arrow or the return key, agreed
But I have to use the US keyboard layout to use tilting keys
And still, they are not tight to shift keys. The left tilt should be "tilde" or "<" for europeans, and "-" for the tilt on the right
Shift keys are a good improvement, they only need the tilt key besides (or your fingers will have to search them blindly)
So if the dev is reading this thread: "Keep going, man !"  (you hear this in Ripley, if you lose a ball in multiball mode)  :happy:

#11 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I would suggest High Speed as future DLC. Great pinball !

http://www.ipdb.org/...ne.cgi?gid=1176

#12 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

It sure sounds like they didn't think the direct iOS port through at first. That's a bummer. Hopefully the Mac version will see a significant bump up in quality once they release the Windows version sometime in June. I've been playing the game on my Xbox 360 and it plays just great on that, even if I find some of the lights a little too bloomy on there.

The Black Hole table has really grown on me. Sure, the background sound - you sure can't call it music - is likely to drive anybody half mad after some time, but the table is, on a whole, a lot of fun in its simplicity. I sure like the bottom reverse playing field mechanic. My favorite of the initial bunch still is Theater of Magic.

I'm definitely looking forward to the first two DLC packages which will include two great tables each: Medieval Madness & Bride of Pinbot and Cirqus Voltaire & Funhouse.

#13 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Here an interesting video about Twilight Zone with a guy from FarSight: http://www.kickstart...e-twilight-zone

#14 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postbismilah, on 28 April 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

I would suggest High Speed as future DLC. Great pinball !

http://www.ipdb.org/...ne.cgi?gid=1176

Wow! As soon as I saw the pics I knew I was old!
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#15 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

New DLC are available at the Apple Store:  Fun House, Medieval Madness, Pin Bot and Circus Voltaire
10 $ for the game, 10 $ for the 2 DLC, with 20 $ you get all the 8 pinball tables

#16 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

4 more with: Monster Bash, Gorgar, Black Knight and Creature of the Black Lagoon
Rumors say Harley Davidson and Taxi will follow. And maybe Twilight Zone after.