#181 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostAussieMacGamer, on 02 May 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

This Is probably as close as I can reccomend, as far as I understand Apple and Dell have been using the same panels for quite a while and Dell's support network is great, there is a cheaper option in this too, depends how good colour representation you want I guess?

Thanks! Funny you should post that actually, as I was just about to come back here and ask about that monitor specifically. I'm not fond of Dell as a brand in general, but this model keeps coming up in my searches.

I don't actually NEED great color representation or anything like that. I just need a bigger monitor for games and game development. But I am now using a Thunderbolt display at work and I can no longer stand having a low-to-midrange at home.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#182 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

The U2713HM looks like a good product for the price, multiple inputs and a usb hub

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#183 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I have ordered one. Apple is now guaranteed to announce next month a new monitor with Thunderbolt and mini-DP outputs, or, a graphics card upgrade for old Mac Pros that includes Thunderbolt. :-)

This commits me to keeping my 2008 Mac Pro for at least another year or two. But why not, it's running fine. (Especially since, in anticipation of the new monitor, I unplugged an old 13" 2nd screen and suddenly my intermittent problems with waking from sleep went away.)

Thanks everyone for weighing in, especially those who raised the alarm about Thunderbolt and Mac Pros. I'd missed that little detail.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#184 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 02 May 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I have ordered one. Apple is now guaranteed to announce next month a new monitor with Thunderbolt and mini-DP outputs, or, a graphics card upgrade for old Mac Pros that includes Thunderbolt. :-)

Would someone PLEASE order a Macbook Pro??
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#185 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

Eh? :huh:

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#186 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

It was a joke son, a joke.  Pay, I say, pay attention boy.  I keep a pitchin' 'em and you keepa missin' 'em!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat