• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dag

dag

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Hello,

I just bough ID software's new title "Rage" via Steam - but the game does not launch.

It immediately quits with an exception - I don't even see the intro.
Reading through different topics, I found out that AMD releases a hotfix driver - especially for Rage.

I installed this driver - tried Rage - and it starts. It still has tearing issues described  in many threads but at least it works. Later I tried to play Crysis, which worked great on max res and max details with the original BootCamp driver - its about 70% slower with the new driver, unplayable!

I looked at the catalyst driver settings - there the GPU temperature is displayed at about 20000 degree!

Do you have any suggestions? Are there known issues with default AMD drivers on a Mac?
System specs:
iMac 12,2 (27", Mid 2011)
Intel Core i7 3,4 GHz
12 GB RAM
256 GB SSD, 2GB HDD
AMD HD6970M with 2GB RAM

Mac OS X - Lion
Windows 7 (Bootcamp)

#2 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1428 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Doubt you'll get any help here, try the Steam forums for RAGE, lots of bug/problem posts there as well as solutions. And yes you need to update your drivers in bootcamp to the latest version.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive