4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Soldak Entertainment has announced Drox Operative, its upcoming starship action RPG. The game will put players in the role of an elite starship captain and features warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic and evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.

Eons ago the Drox ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost necessary. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox built a starlane system for quick travel amongst the stars, colonized and conquered millions of planets, and ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operators were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was devastating.

Thousands of years later, the Drox are extinct, but the secretive Drox Operative guild lives on. They have learned their lesson though: loyalty to any one race is foolish. They now work for whoever can pay. And pay they do! Empires might span hundreds of planets and thousands of ships, but when a critical task arises, they still turn to an Operative.

In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.

As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!
Drox Operative is tentatively scheduled to be released in the 1st quarter of 2012. Learn more at the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

Can't wait to see some screenshots/videos of this. I'm mighty curious about what this will look like.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#3 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Me too - it sounds promising. It'll have to be really good though to beat EV Nova ;)

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

Also one of the games I'm looking forward to the most. I just hope that everything isn't made up of blocky 3D graphics, as some of their earlier games.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Steven Peeler

Steven Peeler

Soldak Entertainment

• Developer
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 17 September 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

Also one of the games I'm looking forward to the most. I just hope that everything isn't made up of blocky 3D graphics, as some of their earlier games.

I think our fans from previous games will be really happy about the graphics. :)
Steven Peeler
lead designer/programmer of Depths of Peril
Soldak Entertainment