#61 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostSargiel, on 23 March 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Just got the latest edition of Mac Format through and there's a full page advert for Deus Ex 3 Ultimate Edition - "Coming Soon" :)

Those were always uplifting signs of hope while being a Mac gamer during the 90s... "Mac," "gamer" and "90s" in the same sentence is almost an oxymoron.

Off topic; PC users got the paintbrush kit called MAXIMUM PC, Mac users got the Crayola box known as MacAddict. :mellow:
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#62 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

The mini site has been just made live. We also have an official release date!

The game is a brand new ultimate edition (never released on PC or Console). It contains all of the DLC including pre-order exclusives, it also includes all the Enhanced edition videos (in HD) and artwork booklets.

Check it all out here :)

#63 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 04 April 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

The mini site has been just made live. We also have an official release date!

The game is a brand new ultimate edition (never released on PC or Console). It contains all of the DLC including pre-order exclusives, it also includes all the Enhanced edition videos (in HD) and artwork booklets.

Check it all out here :)

:sabber:

…and to think I was considering Boot Camping/Steaming this one. For SHAME!!!

Lib.

…and to think that it is cheaper on Mac, than on Windoze; it would be cheaper for me to buy it direct from Feral, than go to the Steam Store (for Australia).

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#64 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

it's coming on 26th Apr according to GamersGate.

Anyone knows if this will be a Steamplay title?

My guess would be: rather not.

Also the SysSpecs:
I know it works on a HD3000 because I play it on Bootcamp, just enjoyable but fun.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

- MacBook Pro 13" 2011 i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.x / W7 Pro x64
- iPad Air, 16Gb
- MacBook C2D, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.6.x / XP 32bit Home SP3
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#65 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7183 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postmindnoise, on 05 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I can't find the post right now, but Edddeduck already confirmed that it won't be SteamPlay.

EDIT: There's the post.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#66 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Confirmed no Steamplay.

Also the SysSpecs:
I know it works on a HD3000 because I play it on Bootcamp, just enjoyable but fun.

HD3000 will run on Lion however just like the PC it is not supported as you will get some frame rate drops in large areas. If you drop everything to minimum it will play fine and smooth in most areas. One of our testers has completed the game 4 or 5 times on the HD3000 without a hitch however after looking into the HD3000 performance it looks like we are bumping up against the physical limits of the card. It was not designed to run games so it struggles with high fill rates (aka lots of things on screen at once) and shader building (making the mini programs needed to draw the graphics).

Edwin

#67 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 10 April 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

HD3000 will run on Lion however just like the PC it is not supported as you will get some frame rate drops in large areas. If you drop everything to minimum it will play fine and smooth in most areas. One of our testers has completed the game 4 or 5 times on the HD3000 without a hitch however after looking into the HD3000 performance it looks like we are bumping up against the physical limits of the card. It was not designed to run games so it struggles with high fill rates (aka lots of things on screen at once) and shader building (making the mini programs needed to draw the graphics).

Edwin
Is the 320M any better? It'd be kind of disappointing if after all that brouhaha over the virtues of prioritizing GPU performance over CPU performance in those 2010 Macs, it's all for naught less than 2 years later.

#68 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 10 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Is the 320M any better? It'd be kind of disappointing if after all that brouhaha over the virtues of prioritizing GPU performance over CPU performance in those 2010 Macs, it's all for naught less than 2 years later.

The 300 series cards from NVidia are stripped down 200 series cards for embedded customers (like Apple). They are not really designed for gaming, the 330M is not even that much more powerful than the 320 shared RAM card. 320M will in almost most cases be smooth but you will get the odd frame rate drop entering extremely large areas as the cards hardware gets pushed to it's maximum.

I would personally say it's still enjoyable but with knowing you will get a few areas with some fps drop we state it is not supported so we cannot be charged with false promises. Best play on the side of caution.

Edwin

#69 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 11 April 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

I would personally say it's still enjoyable but with knowing you will get a few areas with some fps drop we state it is not supported so we cannot be charged with false promises. Best play on the side of caution.

Edwin

Sorry, I did not meant it as criticism but rather I would be suprised if DX:HR ran on the HD3000 on the Mac, since gaming performance under Windows, DX9/10 is basically much better than with OpenGL on the Mac.

I run tons of slightly older games (Borderlands, Sanctum, Fallout NV, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock 2, DNF, Alice Madness Returns etc.) perfectly on the HD3000 but DX:HR and Metro 2033 are the breaking point, clearly. But I still have to say, for a lowlevel integrated chip I am much impressed how for good it performs.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

- MacBook Pro 13" 2011 i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.x / W7 Pro x64
- iPad Air, 16Gb
- MacBook C2D, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.6.x / XP 32bit Home SP3
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#70 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

View Postmindnoise, on 11 April 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

Sorry, I did not meant it as criticism but rather I would be suprised if DX:HR ran on the HD3000 on the Mac, since gaming performance under Windows, DX9/10 is basically much better than with OpenGL on the Mac.

I run tons of slightly older games (Borderlands, Sanctum, Fallout NV, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock 2, DNF, Alice Madness Returns etc.) perfectly on the HD3000 but DX:HR and Metro 2033 are the breaking point, clearly. But I still have to say, for a lowlevel integrated chip I am much impressed how for good it performs.

I did not take it as a criticism just explaining our reasoning of being more cautious and allowing people to play under spec instead of saying if the game loads it meets the min spec :)

DX:HR is so close that personally I would buy & play the game (if I was not working for Feral) on the HD3000 without being annoyed but it all depends on your tolerance for the odd stutter. The stutter never caused me to be killed or make any sections to hard to do but some people refuse to play unless they get over 30+ fps all the time so it depends on your tastes.

Edwin

#71 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

AVAILABLE NOW

OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#72 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7183 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

Also in the Mac App Store. So, where's my disc version. :P

Oh, and who complained that the download for Rage was huge with 12 GB? DXHR has 15 GB...

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#73 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 26 April 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Also in the Mac App Store. So, where's my disc version. :P

Oh, and who complained that the download for Rage was huge with 12 GB? DXHR has 15 GB...

If you want to play in the next 10 days I would get a DRM key the DVD will lag behind the DRM by a few weeks due to manufacturing.

Seen a few PC games on Steam that are well over 20GB! A game under 10GB is seen as small now!

Edwin

#74 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7183 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 26 April 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

If you want to play in the next 10 days I would get a DRM key the DVD will lag behind the DRM by a few weeks due to manufacturing.
I think I can wait. Until I would have downloaded this monster, the disk would already have been delivered. ;)

#75 Fred9

Fred9

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

I can't wait. But why, oh why, are downloads from the App Store so slow?

Thank you, Feral for continuing bringing big titles to our Macs.
I loved Mafia and wouldn't mind LA Noire... or Arkham City... or another racing game... or Uncharted 3...   :)

#76 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostFred9, on 26 April 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

I can't wait. But why, oh why, are downloads from the App Store so slow?

Thank you, Feral for continuing bringing big titles to our Macs.
I loved Mafia and wouldn't mind LA Noire... or Arkham City... or another racing game... or Uncharted 3...   :)

I find the App Store fairly fast usually, you should notice the game is 17GB which is lets say just a little bigger than Angry Birds ;)

Oh thanks for the suggestions will pass em on as always.

Edwin

#77 Fred9

Fred9

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 26 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

I find the App Store fairly fast usually, you should notice the game is 17GB which is lets say just a little bigger than Angry Birds ;)

Oh thanks for the suggestions will pass em on as always.

Edwin

Does it support gamepads?  I have a Logitech Rumble F510.

The link to game support from the App Store doesn't work.

#78 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostFred9, on 26 April 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Does it support gamepads?  I have a Logitech Rumble F510.

The link to game support from the App Store doesn't work.

Yes over 35 different models including the F510.

Edwin

#79 Wobblefoot

Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

When the requirements say nVidia 9400 series cards are not supported, does that mean they flat out won't work with the game, like with Mafia 2? Or does it mean Feral tech support won't help with any issues regarding those video cards?

#80 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostWobblefoot, on 26 April 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

When the requirements say nVidia 9400 series cards are not supported, does that mean they flat out won't work with the game, like with Mafia 2? Or does it mean Feral tech support won't help with any issues regarding those video cards?

It will run but slowly, I would say for most people perhaps a little too slowly. The 320M and HD3000 are touching the min spec and for most people will be OK if on minimum settings. The 9400 is a little further back. If you do try and play you need to turn EVERYTHING off.

Edwin