8 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Just a quick note on using a G27 with Dirt 2. When playing with the G27, even though the wheel is calibrated perfectly and Input Calibrator confirms it, the wheel is not centered correctly in the game. I have not tried my DFGT or Momo wheels yet. But Thrustmaster F430 wheels work , but with no FFB. Logitech wheels have FFB.

If you are using Lion, they left out the Logitech FFB kext. You will need to reinstall it to get FFB with logitech wheels. I have posted how to do this HERE ON THIS THREAD.

I also forgot to mention that when I use my G27, I always plug it in after the computer is at the desktop. What this does is eliminate the 900 degree rotation. If you want to use the 900 degree rotation, plug it in before you start your Mac. Let me know if this works for anyone else.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

OK, figured out the fix. Here is what to do if you are using the Logitech G27 and have a center alignment problem in the game.

These are based on the "Advanced Wheel Options" at 100% saturation on steering and 0% deadzone with 270 degree wheel turn (not the 900 degree rotation)

1. Start Dirt 2 with the "Options Dialog"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Click on the "Open Preferences Folder" button
4. Open the "Preferences Data" file with Text Editor program
5. Scroll down to the "Calibrations" section (only change the values in the first section as the second are for pedal values)
6. Change the "CalCentre" to 508 (Can use other numbers here to fine tune it depending on which gives the closest to center)
7. Change the "CalCentreMax" to 518
8. Change the "CalCentreMin" to 498
9. You can repeat this on the "Calibrations2" section

Play the game and see if it fixes the issue. If done correctly, the wheel should be perfectly centered and work great.

#3 newbie5

newbie5

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 03 September 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:

Just a quick note on using a G27 with Dirt 2. When playing with the G27, even though the wheel is calibrated perfectly and Input Calibrator confirms it, the wheel is not centered correctly in the game. I have not tried my DFGT or Momo wheels yet. But Thrustmaster F430 wheels work , but with no FFB. Logitech wheels have FFB.

If you are using Lion, they left out the Logitech FFB kext. You will need to reinstall it to get FFB with logitech wheels. I have posted how to do this HERE ON THIS THREAD.

I also forgot to mention that when I use my G27, I always plug it in after the computer is at the desktop. What this does is eliminate the 900 degree rotation. If you want to use the 900 degree rotation, plug it in before you start your Mac. Let me know if this works for anyone else.

I tried using a Thrustmaster with Dirt 2 with my Mac/Lion OS and it didn't work.  Do I have to do anything special to make Dirt 2 recognize the Thrustmaster wheel?

#4 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

View Postnewbie5, on 14 September 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

I tried using a Thrustmaster with Dirt 2 with my Mac/Lion OS and it didn't work.  Do I have to do anything special to make Dirt 2 recognize the Thrustmaster wheel?
Which Thrustmaster wheel are you using?

#5 newbie5

newbie5

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 15 September 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Which Thrustmaster wheel are you using?

Universal challenge

#6 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

View Postnewbie5, on 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Universal challenge
Unfortunately, I do not have that wheel. Does the wheel work for any other games on the Mac?

#7 The Animaster

The Animaster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:theanimaster

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:27 AM

Another question here -- Is the gated shifting and clutch in Dirt2 for Mac compatible with the G25 steering wheel?  On the PC version they are. I am going to assume they don't, just as multi-turn wheels don't work in DTM RaceDriver 3. Please tell me I'm wrong!
Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15"@1680x1050 matte option 1GB Radeon 6750M 16GB RAM

#8 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

View Postnewbie5, on 14 September 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

You need to manually set it up in the controls (and plug it in before you start the game). If it is a HID compliant wheel it should work fine.

View PostThe Animaster, on 26 September 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

Another question here -- Is the gated shifting and clutch in Dirt2 for Mac compatible with the G25 steering wheel?  On the PC version they are. I am going to assume they don't, just as multi-turn wheels don't work in DTM RaceDriver 3. Please tell me I'm wrong!

We would love to support 900 degree and the H gate but neither option are available when the wheel is plugged into a Mac (or PC without drivers). The wheels from Logitech sadly decide on initial boot up to disable the H gate and clutch pedals (and 900 steering). As no drivers exist on the Mac this feature is never activated so we cannot use them although our Mac code should work if they ever get activated in the future.

Some Linux fans have worked out if you send a single and fairly basic signal via USB to the wheel it will disconnect from the USB stack and reconnect this time with the clutch, H gate and 900 degree support enabled (no other drivers needed just this single signal). However this is all a bit undocumented so we have not had time to investigate if this opens up the ability for us to release some unsupported instructions for G25/27 users in the future to help people (unofficially) get 900 degree support.

Edwin

[Edit] DiRT2 does not have clutch on the PC or Mac. You can use the pedal on the PC if you have a clutch pedal and drivers sure but in the game the cars don't use the clutch even when in manual the clutch is automatic.

Edited by edddeduck, 26 September 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#9 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 26 September 2011 - 06:04 AM, said:

We would love to support 900 degree and the H gate but neither option are available when the wheel is plugged into a Mac (or PC without drivers). The wheels from Logitech sadly decide on initial boot up to disable the H gate and clutch pedals (and 900 steering). As no drivers exist on the Mac this feature is never activated so we cannot use them although our Mac code should work if they ever get activated in the future.
Hmm.. It's strange but on my Mac Pro running 10.6.8, my Logitech G27, if I have it plugged in when the system starts, I can use the 900 degrees of rotation. I have to unplug and plug it in again to get it to change to 270 degrees. I leave it on when I play the series of games I am developing as it works perfectly.