19 replies to this topic

#1 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I pre-ordered Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition from Amazon.com last night, and it's going to be in tomorrow. Is anyone else getting it? Deus Ex was one of my all-time favorite games, and this one looks like it will be even better.

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

I definitely would like to get it, especially after reading the first reviews stating that the game really is as good as the original Deus Ex - if not better. Unfortunately, my MBP hardly won't be able to handle the game. My other option would be the PS3, but I don't play first person shooters there (BF1943 and the DNF demo affirmed me in my conviction that FPSs and gamepads don't go together...).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

I'm going to wait for the Mac port ;)

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

I've played the Press demo, and its FANTASTIC. I've pre-loaded it on Steam a few days ago, but I'm currently in London traveling so I won't be able to play until I get back in a week. I read the IGN and Gamespot reviews this morning and its pretty much what I thought of the demo. Can nearly max it on my iMac, so that's good too. A mac port would be nice, but I'm not counting on it. I also got the Augmented Edition :)

*edit*

Why is this in off topic? It should be in Windows Gaming
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostWumpus, on 23 August 2011 - 06:10 AM, said:

Why is this in off topic? It should be in Windows Gaming

I'm getting it on my PS3, so I took it from that approach.

#6 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Oh lol, my bad. That makes perfect sense then.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#7 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

Very very cool. Check this out.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15750 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Meh.  I just want to be able to see through girl's clothing.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 August 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

Meh.  I just want to be able to see through girl's clothing.

What I never understood is, how with James Bond X-Ray glasses it only went through outer clothing, conveniently only showing undergarments. Was there ever an explanation for that?

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15750 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Well sure.  It was only powerful enough to see through one layer of clothes, I mean give them a break, back then the technology was in its infancy.  I went through airline security Tuesday, and they assured me they could see all the way to my junk.  See, just give them time, in 10 years it will be able to see INTO your junk.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Made me think of these:

Posted Image

Which you could order from certain pages in comic books back in the day.

Posted Image

At least James Bond's don't make him look like a goof and give away his intentions as well.  :cool:

According to that ad though for only $1 you can have better X-Ray goggles than James Bond. ;)

So I guess you tradeoff looks\discreetness for functionality.  :unsure:  :cool:
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#12 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

The mini site has been just made live. We also have an official release date!

The game is a brand new ultimate edition (never released on PC or Console). It contains all of the DLC including pre-order exclusives, it also includes all the Enhanced edition videos (in HD) and artwork booklets.

Check it all out here :)

#13 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5179 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hey, it'll run on my new MBP too judging by the system requirements it looks like! Sweet!
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#14 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2199 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

What's up with 4 gigs of ram as the minimum?
What is a man?

#15 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostIchigo27, on 05 April 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Because most computers have shipped with that since what 2008? I doubt there are a lot of machines that will play this without issues that didn't ship with 4GB of ram.

How could that even be an issue? 2x2GB of RAM most likely costs less than the game.

#16 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostHansi, on 05 April 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Because most computers have shipped with that since what 2008?
The Mac Pro ships with 3GB by default, at least the low-end model.  ;)  (Although, yeah, it's cheap to add more.  I have 6GB and I think I spent $40.)

--Eric

#17 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Don't really think there's much of an excuse to not have a system with 4GB of RAM or more these days. Its almost default config in everything, and if its not, its a smart investment to make things faster gaming or not.

I don't have any word on how necessary the 4GB actually is. I suspect its the "supported" requirements, and if you have less you could run the game, just on lower settings. Total speculation though.

#18 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Also, why is this thread in "off topic" ?!? What the heck. It goes under Action/shooters and/or RPG.

#19 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2688 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

In gaming the the level your playing is loaded into the RAM. That's the loading screen that you see. It's your Hard Drive loading the required data into the RAM, so that the game can have fast access to it.

As games get more detailed and stuff, it requires more RAM to hold the required amount of information for the game to run smoothly. If you don't have enough RAM then the game has to start pulling stuff from your hard drive which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower then your RAM. As such you'll just to get significant framerate losses when you change environments (ie: change from an indoor to an outdoor environment in the game.)

If you have a enough RAM, it doesn't effect your performance at all (ie: 8 GB's of RAM won't give you any more performance then 4 GB will, assuming your not running a ton of other apps at the same time.). It's when you don't have enough RAM that you'll see huge performance losses, and a simple $20 RAM upgrade could make a huge difference.

If your just a general computer user who doesn't have much open other then maybe email, web browser, and the game, there is no need to go past 4 GB's of RAM. If your a power user who has a ton of RAM intensive apps open at once (photoshop, video editing, etc.) and want to game on top of that without closing those programs, then you'll want at least 8 GB's of RAM.

Also, since all RAM in current mac's is dual channel, you'll want to always use RAM in pairs, If you have 4 RAM slots in your computer, always use either 2 or 4 of them, otherwise your RAM will drop to single channel mode, which significantly reduces it bandwith.
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#20 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

View PostIchigo27, on 05 April 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Lion won't even run decently with less than 4GB of RAM so trying to play a game is not worth it. It will run with 2GB but you will get pauses while it loads stuff from the HD as it does not have enough RAM. With 2GB I have stutters on my MacPro (with high end 5000 AMD Card attached). By updating the RAM to 4GB you get smooth gameplay with no stutters with everything turned up to 11.

4GB is the minimum the game needs but considering the price of RAM I would not personally run any Mac without at least 8GB or RAM these days it makes a huge difference to everything from Mail to Safari and costs less than a single game in cost.

Edwin