Auto Sport Driving Coming Soon To Mac App Store...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 19 October 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

OK, the game has been approved and will be up on the store shortly!

Great - downloading now!

#22 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

View Postmattw, on 20 October 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

Great - downloading now!
Thank you for downloading. I am a little concerned about the price as the publisher set it and I think it is a bit high. But I will have the Millstowe track as an update by the end of next week. The 357 car series will be a bit longer as the physics still have to be tested and perfected. Also, the contest will be announced next week also.

I hope you enjoy it. Again, it is not perfect, but I am hoping that what I learn from this game will make future updates to it and the other games in the series better and better.

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15607 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Bout time I gave you a developer account.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 20 October 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Thank you for downloading. I am a little concerned about the price as the publisher set it and I think it is a bit high. But I will have the Millstowe track as an update by the end of next week. The 357 car series will be a bit longer as the physics still have to be tested and perfected. Also, the contest will be announced next week also.

I hope you enjoy it. Again, it is not perfect, but I am hoping that what I learn from this game will make future updates to it and the other games in the series better and better.

The game is already great and sets a very high standard. The price is certainly fair given the massive replay value but wether it is in impulse buy teritory for everyone is difficult to say.

There are somethings it would be nice to see added but I already know most of these will depend on updates coming to the VGP3 engine (e.g. a way of manually setting your revs to get a good standing start (some kind of clutch release or launch control), wet weather, further damage modelling etc.)

I hope the release gets mentioned on the main page ASAP so everyone knows it is now out.

#25 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postmattw, on 21 October 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

The game is already great and sets a very high standard. The price is certainly fair given the massive replay value but wether it is in impulse buy teritory for everyone is difficult to say.

There are somethings it would be nice to see added but I already know most of these will depend on updates coming to the VGP3 engine (e.g. a way of manually setting your revs to get a good standing start (some kind of clutch release or launch control), wet weather, further damage modelling etc.)

I hope the release gets mentioned on the main page ASAP so everyone knows it is now out.
Thanks! You have always been fair and I really do take your comments to heart. I can tell you that the game, and all of the games in the series at some point, will have damage. It is being tested actually, but it has a ways to go yet. No matter when the damage system is finished, it will be added to all of the games available in the series. Even ones that may no longer be new. If you buy these games and the engine is upgraded, you deserve to get an upgraded game even if it is one of the older ones.

If you have any other suggestions that could improve not just the game, but even the natural concepts for the game, let them be known. I am willing to listen to anything.

As for the VGP3 engine itself, it is still a work in progress. But it really does provide a very nice sim-like experience. I am very proud to be a developer now for the Mac platform and I hope that all Mac racers will enjoy these games.

#26 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 21 October 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

Thanks! You have always been fair and I really do take your comments to heart. I can tell you that the game, and all of the games in the series at some point, will have damage. It is being tested actually, but it has a ways to go yet. No matter when the damage system is finished, it will be added to all of the games available in the series. Even ones that may no longer be new. If you buy these games and the engine is upgraded, you deserve to get an upgraded game even if it is one of the older ones.

If you have any other suggestions that could improve not just the game, but even the natural concepts for the game, let them be known. I am willing to listen to anything.

As for the VGP3 engine itself, it is still a work in progress. But it really does provide a very nice sim-like experience. I am very proud to be a developer now for the Mac platform and I hope that all Mac racers will enjoy these games.

Nice job with the 1.1 update. Like the oval although I must increase the default difficultly as with the AI I lapped the field first time out even with TC & ABS off. I can't seem to get the drifting achievements but the others were fun. Especially the top speed one before the new track arrived :) With the online should servers automatically show up in the list or are there other things to check first?

#27 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

View Postmattw, on 02 November 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Nice job with the 1.1 update. Like the oval although I must increase the default difficultly as with the AI I lapped the field first time out even with TC & ABS off. I can't seem to get the drifting achievements but the others were fun. Especially the top speed one before the new track arrived :) With the online should servers automatically show up in the list or are there other things to check first?
Any servers should show up live for you to join. We have a had a few questions on how to get the online working correctly so please be patient as we try to get everything right. I will say that this version of the game is now showing correctly on the APp Store! So, we should now be visible to those who are browsing and there should be many more players in the coming weeks.

The difficulty on the track is a little concerning. I think we may not have given the AI enough time on the tracks. Unfortunately, the AI is no longer aloud to "learn" the tracks while you play as Apple has strict guidelines against the App calling certain "services" and writing "live" to certain files within OSX. I will look into this for the next update.

Just to let anyone know, we are also in the midst of working on the next game which is a NASCAR style game. But my greatest love, F1, is coming soon after with a game that I am sure all open wheel drivers will like! ;)

#28 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 02 November 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

Any servers should show up live for you to join. We have a had a few questions on how to get the online working correctly so please be patient as we try to get everything right. I will say that this version of the game is now showing correctly on the APp Store! So, we should now be visible to those who are browsing and there should be many more players in the coming weeks.

Great will give it a try again sometime later.

The difficulty on the track is a little concerning. I think we may not have given the AI enough time on the tracks. Unfortunately, the AI is no longer aloud to "learn" the tracks while you play as Apple has strict guidelines against the App calling certain "services" and writing "live" to certain files within OSX. I will look into this for the next update.

I tried it on the lowest "Pro" level and it was very challenging. I could only manage 2nd initially and it was just impossible to pass the leader. I did manage to win later but I had to drive defensively (think Hamilton at Korea) nearly every lap without any mistakes as I just couldn't pull away. Just right difficultly wise I guess :)

Just to let anyone know, we are also in the midst of working on the next game which is a NASCAR style game. But my greatest love, F1, is coming soon after with a game that I am sure all open wheel drivers will like! ;)

Can't wait! Especially for the F1 game - it's great to "have a go" as it were after waiting the TV coverage :)