2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Bioware has announced the upcoming release of Legacy, an all new DLC option for its Dragon Age 2 RPG. In the expansion players will "face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror."

Description:
Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.

Features:
  • Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage
  • Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens
  • Obtain a powerful class-specific weapon to which you can apply upgrades of your choice
Dragon Age II: Legacy is scheduled for a July 26 release for Mac, Windows PC, and Playstation 3.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'm afraid it's probably too late for me.  If Dragon Age 2 had come out before Origins, I'm sure I would have loved it.  But BioWare took out just about everything that I loved about Origins.  I had completed Origins and Awakenings 4 times before DA2 came out (I know... I was recovering from a sports injury).  I made it about half way through DA2 and I just got tired of it.  So I started playing Origins again.  There are so many things that I just flat out don't like about DA2, it makes me sad.  I doubt that any DLC will get my interest back unless it's a total rewrite, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe Dragon Age 3 will be better.  In the mean time, there are still a few character classes I haven't played in DA:O...

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8635 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

View PostDoc Savage, on 10 July 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

But BioWare took out just about everything that I loved about Origins.
I feel the same. I finally started to play DA2 a few weeks ago and I'm now in Act 2 (I don't really find the time to play), but so far, it's just a huge disappointment. It's not a complete disaster, but even when not comparing it to DA:O, there are simply too many design flaws to make it a really decent RPG.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"