#21 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

Who knows, maybe some really evil mojo in that crap "prototype" javascript package these ipb forums use is doing some really stupid thing with links. I just can't see it... eludes me.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 18 July 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

That still is odd.

Because javascript has to be activated for it to do some sort of window focus behavior. Clicking, or cmd-clicking on any old link anywhere on the site, means every single link would have to go through some sort of javascript handler. Which they don't you can clearly see by looking at source. All A HREF are to an url (well most), not a Javascript:func() event.

What happens when you cmd-click this:
MGS Outbound Link
There is definitely JS involved. With NoScript blocking all scripts, left-clicking the above link loads MGS in the current tab. With scripts from insidemacgames.com allowed, left-clicking that same link opens MGS in a new tab.

#23 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

View PostTesseract, on 06 September 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

There is definitely JS involved. With NoScript blocking all scripts, left-clicking the above link loads MGS in the current tab. With scripts from insidemacgames.com allowed, left-clicking that same link opens MGS in a new tab.
I dont believe that was the behavior this thread was about.

I don't want to read an old thread to refresh my mind either.

Live with it. Prototype is ass for a javascript library, and IPB uses prototype.

Done.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester