4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition to its webstore. The game compilation includes the original Dragon Age: Origins, the expansion: Awakening, and all nine DLC packs. Dragon Age puts players in the role of a Grey Warden tasked with saving the land from a terrible evil.

Dragon Age: Origins
You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of this legendary order of guardians. With the return of mankind's ancient foe and the kingdom engulfed in civil war, you have been chosen by fate to unite the shattered lands and slay the archdemon once and for all. Explore a stunning world, make complex moral choices, and engage in bone-crushing combat against massive and terrifying creatures.

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Expansion Pack
The story of the Grey Wardens continues as you are named their commander. Fight new enemies, learn new skills and spells, and explore an all-new area of the world, Amaranthine.

All Nine Content Packs
Extend your adventure with The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, Feastday Gifts, The Darkspawn Chronicles, Feastday Pranks, Leliana's Song, The Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt. Collect new rewards, gain new party members, and more as you delve deeper into the Dragon Age storyline.

Features:
  • Includes the 2009 'RPG of the Year' Dragon Age: Origins, the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack, plus all nine additional content packs.
  • Critically acclaimed winner of more than 50 awards including over 30 'Best of 2009' awards.
  • A tremendous $114 value at one low price.
Requirements:
  • Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
  • Memory: 2GB
  • Hard Drive: 17 GB
  • Graphics: ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300 or higher.
  • This game will NOT run on the Intel GMA (950 or X3100) class of integrated video cards.
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition is available now for $29.95 (USD).
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3951 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

How is it best to play this game - Start out with the vanilla content, and then add each addition seperately and play them one at a time, or just install everything right away, and get going?

I'd hate running into a level200 area as a level 5 novice, just because I didn't know the area was an addon.. (I've never played DA, but I look forward to it)
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8257 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 July 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

How is it best to play this game - Start out with the vanilla content, and then add each addition seperately and play them one at a time, or just install everything right away, and get going?

I'd hate running into a level200 area as a level 5 novice, just because I didn't know the area was an addon.. (I've never played DA, but I look forward to it)
You can (and should) install everything at once. Only The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar and the Feastday Gifts integrate directly in the main campaign, the rest are separate campaigns, of which The Golems of Amgarrak and Witch Hunt meant to be played after you finish the main campaign. Darkspawn Chronicles and Leliana's Song can be played in theory any time, since you play a different character there (though it's advisable to play them after the main campaign, too, otherwise you won't get everything happening there).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3951 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Ah, seems like I'm thinking that this is Baldurs Gate 3 too much...
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8257 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 July 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Ah, seems like I'm thinking that this is Baldurs Gate 3 too much...
You do. ;) It's still pretty good. Unlike DA2.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"